Q3 Climate Control 8P Retrofit

Nice. Does the "Off" button work? My FL car with red screen has the manual recirculation button there, but wouldn't mind the off button instead if it works correctly.

The Off button works just fine on mine. Really appreciate it !

Nice. Does the "Off" button work? My FL car with red screen has the manual recirculation button there, but wouldn't mind the off button instead if it works correctly.

yes it works correctly :)

Yeah works for mine too, nicer feature than hitting the fan speed down.

I think the only way you could check the heat settings/ adaptation is changing the control module to the Q3 one... if that’s possible.

But like Arkious says, I think it’s by design rather than an issue... experienced the same with an Audi courtesy car.... they did tell me off for having a Q3 part in an S3 “It’s not correct for your car though sir”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Arkious, did you find an answer about heated seat memory adaptation chanel ? I have the exact same configuration as yours and want to change it fo both seats..
Also I have a LHD unit- will it adapt itself or it has to be reconfigured as well ?

Thank you very much

To change LHD to RHD you need VCDS, in the module got to adaptation and it will the learn the car type then switch over the controls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To change LHD to RHD you need VCDS, in the module got to adaptation and it will the learn the car type then switch over the controls.

Thank you but I navigated into adaptation (module 08) but did not find anything. Is there a specific channel to go to switch the controls ?

I read through the whole thread on the german A3 forum (link from page 2). Seems like almost everyone has that "no communication" error code stored, even though the unit works.

Do you guys also have this?

I read through the whole thread on the german A3 forum (link from page 2). Seems like almost everyone has that "no communication" error code stored, even though the unit works.

Yes, I do on my side

Thank you but I navigated into adaptation (module 08) but did not find anything. Is there a specific channel to go to switch the controls ?

Yeah goto 08 HVAC then 04 Basic settings, then click on/off and wait until it says Adaption OK, that did it for me.

Yeah goto 08 HVAC then 04 Basic settings, then click on/off and wait until it says Adaption OK, that did it for me.

Then check channels 24, 25 & 26 for heat settings. The q3 unit has channel 26 at 65 deg the S3 max is normally 55.

I set C24 to 23, C25 to 43 & C26 to 55, adjust to suit your own prefs.

Reactions: S.
I see that Darren92 (OP) did not have any fault codes. His car is facelift, but pre-BCM with the following CECM
Code:
  Part No SW: 8P0 907 279 N  HW: 8P0 907 279 N
  Component: Bordnetz-SG  H54 2801

My car is also FL and pre-BCM, and CECM has equal P/N and SW version as above. Maybe I'll give it a try within the next few weeks.

Is it possible that the error code only is seen on BCM equipped 8P's?

This gives me somthing to do tomorrow! I’d like to have it so it doesn’t keep the passenger side on :)

Thanks for that

Reactions: mechanic69

Great it works thank you :)

I tried to play with C24 & 25 for heating memory but no results :(

I'm in the same situation as Arkious, only memory for driver seat

yeah I do, tried this module cos it was Q3 same yearish, AUDI Q3 8U A1 8X GATEWAY CONTROL UNIT MODULE ECU 8U0907468G, it fitted but didn't allow me to code all the modules fitted to my S3 so I took it out, didn't get as far checking the error codes.

Great it works thank you :)

I tried to play with C24 & 25 for heating memory but no results :(

I'm in the same situation as Arkious, only memory for driver seat

ill check VCDS tomorrow cant remember fully, it might be in basic settings maybe, select the channel and it has a box to put new value press test then set and it shows new temp in top box

I see that Darren92 (OP) did not have any fault codes. His car is facelift, but pre-BCM with the following CECM
Code:
  Part No SW: 8P0 907 279 N  HW: 8P0 907 279 N
  Component: Bordnetz-SG  H54 2801

My car is also FL and pre-BCM, and CECM has equal P/N and SW version as above. Maybe I'll give it a try within the next few weeks.

Is it possible that the error code only is seen on BCM equipped 8P's?

that part doesn't look like a CECM more like a supply control unit

ill check VCDS tomorrow cant remember fully, it might be in basic settings maybe, select the channel and it has a box to put new value press test then set and it shows new temp in top box

Go to 08 hvac then 10 adaption should get this

44ee0b2167073ba8547a2f93135746ae.jpg

Change in the test box press test then save

Go to 08 hvac then 10 adaption should get this

44ee0b2167073ba8547a2f93135746ae.jpg

Change in the test box press test then save

Yeah that's for the third level temperature. I set it to 55 already (still goes down to level 2 sometimes but that's ok). What about the seat heating memory ? did you find something in C24 or 25 ? :/

It will physically fit but won't work properly. Same problem with fitting a facelift unit to a prefacelift car

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/how-to-facelift-chome-climate-control-module-switches.146018/

Hi Ash187!

I have read your previous threads regarding retrofitting Facelift 8P (or Q3) Climate-control-unit in pre-facelift 8P.

I understand it is possible from 57-plate / 09, but not on previous models because air circulation flaps have been changed, the old units control 2 flaps where as the new one only control 1 flap, so it does not let the air into the cabin.

What if I replace the Climate-box in my pre-facelift (57-plate/03) to a complete Facelift-climate-box (eg. 8P1 820 003 N, Q or R) - do you think that will work?

http://allegro.pl/audi-a3-8p0-sportback-10r-nagrzewnica-8p1820003q-i5111327092.html

Do you belive this retrofit is possible without also replacing my old Central-comfort-module with facelift module? I have an 8P0907279K installed.

Ok, I know that it is an extensive job, but is it a possible retrofit?

Never tried that. may work but from my understanding the back end of the climate control is updated hence didnt work.
you could easily just update the knobs:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/how-to-facelift-chome-climate-control-module-switches.146018/

Thanks, I have updated the knobs, but I make a complete replace to a Facelift or Q3 Climate Control Unit.
Therefore I wonder if a replace of the climate-box would work, or if I have to replace other parts - eg. the central-confort-modul or other control units

Yeah that's for the third level temperature. I set it to 55 already (still goes down to level 2 sometimes but that's ok). What about the seat heating memory ? did you find something in C24 or 25 ? :/

Ch25 is button 2 temp and ch24 is button 1 temp. Not sure about the memory bit

Could you not just change the LCD panel rather than the whole unit ?

Different type of LCD on the newer ones so don’t think it would be possible

can anyone one tell me how to get the ****** thing out as i have the trim off ( hazard button bit ) but when i push down on unit and try to pull towards me it wont move for love or money .any other tips be appreciated thanks

can anyone one tell me how to get the ****** thing out as i have the trim off ( hazard button bit ) but when i push down on unit and try to pull towards me it wont move for love or money .any other tips be appreciated thanks

There’s two metal spring type clips, towards the front. I found little screwdrivers the best to compress them as you pull forward.

..... it takes a lot more force than you’d naturally want to do

A couple of plastic prise tools to squeeze in above each of the top corners to get the two top clips compressed, quite a bit of force to then push the unit down. Can be easier by removing the two knee rests

see when removing knee rests will i have to remove base around gear stick , just that i found the A4 remove console post and it shows gator pulled up and a screw down the right side which looks like it holds knee rest inside . cheers

Last edited:
Just to let you guys know, on testing this morning mine has memory for both sides - so it must be doable.

Albeit mine arrived like that.

Reactions: Arkious
Just to let you guys know, on testing this morning mine has memory for both sides - so it must be doable.

Albeit mine arrived like that.

could you post the part number please so as i pick one with the white back grou
nd as i hear there is 2 1 white 1 Red

All with the large un-recessed window & revised red/blue icon heater switches will have a white led.

The ones with the smaller recessed window, like what you’d have currently will have either white or orange I think.

Unfortunately I don’t know their part numbers, I assume the newer it is the more likely it’ll be to have white led display.

All with the large un-recessed window & revised red/blue icon heater switches will have a white led.

The ones with the smaller recessed window, like what you’d have currently will have either white or orange I think.

Unfortunately I don’t know their part numbers, I assume the newer it is the more likely it’ll be to have white led display.

Cheers that man i will have a look around , i did see 2 with the red/blue on switch

For my MY61, the part number I need is 8U0820043G, with heated seats. A little too ££ at the moment so one for the future. I do have a question however, my current unit has 6 settings for heated seats. Would the VCDS adaptation update when Q3 unit is fitted and offer the 3 settings discussed above?

Id just like to say thank you for this as it did fix the issue for me! It now remembers the drivers side rather than the passenger side! It also seems to have fixed another problem but I'm going to need longer to verify... Basically my RS3 and other RS3's have an issue with a metallic/gassy sound from the aircon when driving. Now I haven't done a long drive since doing it but it didn't seem to be present like normal. #Hero if this works as its been into Audi 6 times for it haha

Reactions: mechanic69
For my MY61, the part number I need is 8U0820043G, with heated seats. A little too ££ at the moment so one for the future. I do have a question however, my current unit has 6 settings for heated seats. Would the VCDS adaptation update when Q3 unit is fitted and offer the 3 settings discussed above?

no it didn't need recoding for me, I just had to change it from 65'C to 55'C on setting 3. I also just performed the adaption as above and it switched from a LHD to a RHD heated seat memory :)

Reactions: samuelh_888
see when removing knee rests will i have to remove base around gear stick , just that i found the A4 remove console post and it shows gator pulled up and a screw down the right side which looks like it holds knee rest inside . cheers

Prise the gear gaiter out and up, then lift out the plastic trim. There are 2 screws under the gear trim and two forward right under the climate control at the front ****** to get too but doable. Then there’s two Allen bolts going up into the console where the cut outs are in the sides.

That’s the unit I ordered, got it off the German ebay site for about 90 quid.

Yeah the new unit only has 3 settings, there really is no need for 6 they never get used.

Reactions: samuelh_888
Picked this up yesterday
Have i opened a can of worms with my 2011 S3 :) ??

Attachments

• DSC_7159.JPG
    DSC_7159.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 461
  • DSC_7160.JPG
    DSC_7160.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 451
Reactions: S. and Rémy
nah not at all... but I hope you have some tooling to trim the sides nicely!

I used a belt sander for mine and it fits and looks lovely

Reactions: paddy
I took off the rubber bits on the side and trimmed up to where they end IIRC

Reactions: paddy