Q3 Q3 build to delivery time

Lenny88

Reaction score
So just for other peoples benefit this was the length of time ive had to wait for my Q3 from order to delivery.

Status 70, but actually arrived at dealers yesterday.
04T01:21:35+0000"},{"orderStatus":"40","statusDate":"2020-01-28T01:22:54+0000"},{"orderStatus":"39","statusDate":"2020-01-24T01:23:14+0000"},{"orderStatus":"30","statusDate":"2020-01-17T01:22:32+0000"},{"orderStatus":"24","statusDate":"2020-01-13T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"23","statusDate":"2020-01-11T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"22","statusDate":"2020-01-10T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"21","statusDate":"2020-01-09T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"20","statusDate":"2019-12-07T01:02:07+0000"},{"orderStatus":"10","statusDate":"2019-11-26T01:02:34+0000"}]

Reactions: TDI-line
My Q3 2.0 TDI 40 Sport DSG Quattro was ordered on 30 April 2019, was built on 3 June 2020 and arrived at my dealer on 26 June 2020. I took delivery on 1 July 2020.

My Q3 2.0 TDI 40 Sport DSG Quattro was ordered on 30 April 2019, was built on 3 June 2020 and arrived at my dealer on 26 June 2020. I took delivery on 1 July 2020.
I think you are ahead of yourself Dave. We ordered. Q3 Sportback 45 Vorsprung mid October, arrived at dealer 2 weeks ago Jan 2020 .
1E1DBC58 3B52 4597 B296 1DCDF93DC9B0

Nice!!!! Its a nice feeling knowing its there ready for March, my A3 was nail biting and arrived on the 9th March , painfull

Nice!!!! Its a nice feeling knowing its there ready for March, my A3 was nail biting and arrived on the 9th March , painfull
Tends to be more financial. Daft registering a few weeks away from a Registration or year change. Wondering about Black rings etc?? Thoughts?

Very nice Q3 @RGBARGEE :icon thumright:......will look forward to your thoughts on it after you’ve had time to drive it for a while.

Personally, I don’t worry about the change of registration date, especially as it’s now every 6 months.

Regarding black Audi rings, personally I prefer the silver version, especially on a black or dark coloured car.

I personally prefer the silver Audi rings, like the contrast and the fact you can see them.
Sadly not got the back edition like my A3 so might have to De-chrome make it look more aggressive

Very nice Q3 @RGBARGEE :icon thumright:......will look forward to your thoughts on it after you’ve had time to drive it for a while.

Personally, I don’t worry about the change of registration date, especially as it’s now every 6 months.

Regarding black Audi rings, personally I prefer the silver version, especially on a black or dark coloured car.
As stated I tend to go for March new registration as they hold their value better apparently.

Q3 ordered in August 2020....haven’t even got a build week yet.

The part of the Audi site that shows this has been down for maintenance for a good number of weeks now, and the dealer keeps promising to call me back with an answer.

Q3 ordered October 22nd, estimated 18th Feb.

No estimated build week yet though.

So probably March pickup.

For those with vehicles on order with scheduled delivery dates in 2021 - has the supplying dealer said anything about the price on the order form you will probably have signed (if not leased/company car) not being fixed?

I was advised by two dealers in the last month that Audi MK have advised the dealer network that if the UK crashes out of the Customs Union without a deal on 31st December then prices will likely rise by around 20% - a cost that Audi UK can't absorb.

Reactions: RGBARGEE
Q3 ordered October 22nd, estimated 18th Feb.

No estimated build week yet though.

So probably March pickup.
You ordered 2 *months* after me!

Did you specify any options? The one I’ve ordered is an Edition 1 with the comfort & sound pack in Navarra blue.

For those with vehicles on order with scheduled delivery dates in 2021 - has the supplying dealer said anything about the price on the order form you will probably have signed (if not leased/company car) not being fixed?

I was advised by two dealers in the last month that Audi MK have advised the dealer network that if the UK crashes out of the Customs Union without a deal on 31st December then prices will likely rise by around 20% - a cost that Audi UK can't absorb.
*Nothing* was mentioned. I’m going the pcp route.

I asked my dealer and he said that the deal done now would stand even if prices went up.
Hopefully now Biden has kicked out Trump this will be the start of some common sense politics. Single Market is a sensible thing for us all.

Reactions: IBaudiSport and infernox
I asked my dealer and he said that the deal done now would stand even if prices went up.

There isn't a great deal of time left in 2020 for Boris and crew to get a deal over the wire https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54840747

If it were me Dunders I'd get the assurance, in writing that the deal is fixed price irrespective of the Brexit negotiations. Up to this point Audi UK have always honoured previous year's deals even though the prices have tended to rise in January anyway - the Brexit thing could change everything so the dealers have been advised that Audi UK can't absorb the projected price increase if that is what eventually happens.

You ordered 2 *months* after me!

Did you specify any options? The one I’ve ordered is an Edition 1 with the comfort & sound pack in Navarra blue.

I've ordered Comfort & Sound pack, spare wheel and jack, Alcantatra seat, grey Alcantara trim, storage pack, multi-colour light pack, 4 year warranty, UTR front & rear dash cams.

Never seen a Navarra blue Q3, so will be really nice with Ed1 spec too.

The main thing I wanted was the 200 bhp TDI engine, and these are all factory orders, with black optic pack.

Not a dicky bird, I'll see what they say, otherwise I'll like for something else. Thanks.

There isn't a great deal of time left in 2020 for Boris and crew to get a deal over the wire https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54840747

If it were me Dunders I'd get the assurance, in writing that the deal is fixed price irrespective of the Brexit negotiations. Up to this point Audi UK have always honoured previous year's deals even though the prices have tended to rise in January anyway - the Brexit thing could change everything so the dealers have been advised that Audi UK can't absorb the projected price increase if that is what eventually happens.

Took your advice and got it confirmed in writing today! Just the 3 month wait now :grumpy:

I spoke to my dealer, and they couldn't put anything in writing.

I also noticed the initial build was 4 months, and he said the Audi factories are closed with current Covid restrictions, so will be more delays there, maybe March, who knows.

To be honest, there seems some good second hand deals with current models, so will be looking for a Vorsprung Quattro model instead, and hopefully get this in the next month.

Audi do seem to have a lot of unsold inventory, you might find a new vehicle in stock at a competitive price.

I had an advert email from Audi this week. It said that orders before early December would have their prices protected from any Brexit tariffs.

Audi do seem to have a lot of unsold inventory, you might find a new vehicle in stock at a competitive price.

Yes, managed to find a 70 plate Q3 Vorsprung with only 1100 miles, and very good discount. In Daytona Grey, no options required.

Very pleased with the car, just getting use to everything really.

We have a Volvo XC40 R-Design (car of the year 2017!), which is not a patch on the Q3.

Has anyone managed to source a spare wheel for a Vorsprung Q3 with correct foam inserts?

Yes, managed to find a 70 plate Q3 Vorsprung with only 1100 miles, and very good discount. In Daytona Grey, no options required.

We have a Volvo XC40 R-Design (car of the year 2017!), which is not a patch on the Q3.

Has anyone managed to source a spare wheel for a Vorsprung Q3 with correct foam inserts?
Interesting. What sort of discount did you get? The 35 petrol and 40 diseases don’t seem to be selling well I hear.

Well done! Good result...regarding the wheel, I'm fairly certain there was a thread on that here: https://www.q3ownersclub.co.uk/forums/

Carwow has just told me that my deals have expired as Audi have upgraded the spec. Anyone know what’s been changed?

Interesting. What sort of discount did you get? The 35 petrol and 40 diseases don’t seem to be selling well I hear.

Well as the car wasn't brand new by a month, a brand new 40 TFSI with colour was £47,400. I paid £40,000 which is less than I would off paid for the Black Edition that I ordered, with loads less spec.

I was happy, and unfortunately as I have terminal cancer, waiting times are luxury lol.

Well done! Good result...regarding the wheel, I'm fairly certain there was a thread on that here: https://www.q3ownersclub.co.uk/forums/

Cheers, I've joined over there.

Carwow has just told me that my deals have expired as Audi have upgraded the spec. Anyone know what’s been changed?

What model are you going for?

Sorry to hear you personal news. Hope you have a reasonable time to enjoy the car. The 40TFSI engine is fine I think, sales of the 35 petrol and 40 Diesel appear to be slow. We bought a 45 Vorsprung Sportback for just over £42k in March with a discount and the Audi Finance PCP contribution, sold for £42 in July with 2k miles I think with cashing in RFL etc I lost boy £100! A £47K LIST minus 6% minus £3500 Audi PCP contribution ( which you can withdraw from) - first registration fee gets you close to £40k so if it suits you its a good deal.

Well as the car wasn't brand new by a month, a brand new 40 TFSI with colour was £47,400. I paid £40,000 which is less than I would off paid for the Black Edition that I ordered, with loads less spec.

I was happy, and unfortunately as I have terminal cancer, waiting times are luxury lol.

What model are you going for?
Sorry to hear about your personal circumstances. As RGBargee said, I hope you have a whole load of time to enjoy your new toy.

I’m got an Edition 1 ordered in Navarre Blue, with the comfort and sound pack. It’s for my wife, she wanted the smallest engine so it’s a petrol 35 in automatic. We switched to automatic cars a couple of years ago as I had a spinal injury and whilst I’ve been vetted to drive manuals, I now prefer automatic.

Reactions: TDI-line and RGBARGEE

Big gulp, that's so sad to hear, there are no words. See you over at the other place as 'RSQ3John', it's a friendly group,

Thanks for your kind words guys.

Yes, just enjoying the car, really pleased with the Vorsprung model and all her toys.

How does the car drive compared to the XC40?

Picked it up yesterday. My wife is very happy with her new toy.

One question: I only realised last night, it’s badged as an SLine, but we ordered an Edition 1. It has the electric seats and doesn’t have the chrome around the side windows, so I guess it is Edition 1 = but are they normally badged SLine?

Picked it up yesterday. My wife is very happy with her new toy.

One question: I only realised last night, it’s badged as an SLine, but we ordered an Edition 1. It has the electric seats and doesn’t have the chrome around the side windows, so I guess it is Edition 1 = but are they normally badged SLine?
I personally prefer the silver Audi rings, like the contrast and the fact you can see them.
Sadly not got the back edition like my A3 so might have to De-chrome make it look more aggressive
Edition 1 and Vorsprung have SLine Badges on the side and may show up as SLine in V5 which could impact on used value with non-Audi types as we found when trying to sell our 4 month old Vorsprung Sportback last year. WBAC showed car as SLine and priced accordingly, fortunately Audi dealer sold it for us on Audi.co.uk and we got true value!