Q2 Q2 "Carbon" Ambient Lighting

Callum Jarvis

Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals,

I was wondering if anyone on this forum has the ambient lighting in their Q2 RHD. I'm looking to retrofit this along with a load of other stuff. Personally I find the cabin a little dark...I even enabled the footwell lights to stay on and its still dark.

Thanks,
Cal

Hi Guys and Gals,

I was wondering if anyone on this forum has the ambient lighting in their Q2 RHD. I'm looking to retrofit this along with a load of other stuff. Personally I find the cabin a little dark...I even enabled the footwell lights to stay on and its still dark.

Thanks,
Cal
Cal. Will be on my new one arriving. What are you after?

Mine is lhd so might not be of use to you. It’s defo not dark with the ambient lighting pack. Very bright in there!! Pics aren’t great as haven’t taken any when really dark but can later on if you want.
C361DA95 1D2D 4764 95F3 59F48E5BEC26
69A7BC58 B1EE 47A9 A8B9 67A001839904

Mine is lhd so might not be of use to you. It’s defo not dark with the ambient lighting pack. Very bright in there!! Pics aren’t great as haven’t taken any when really dark but can later on if you want.
View attachment 207766 View attachment 207767

Hey mate!

That looks amazing! I trying to source the parts at the moment, although I need to figure out the wiring etc...this will be the hardest part. :(

Thanks,
Cal

Hey mate!

That looks amazing! I trying to source the parts at the moment, although I need to figure out the wiring etc...this will be the hardest part. :(

Thanks,
Cal

I think it might be a big job, especially if you want things like led`s for the reading lights. I know in the A3 it’s a big job. The main assembly in the roof also has a couple of bulbs that glow downwards that provide lighting, that would be hard to retrofit if you dont have it. The front dash panels are removable as you can get different colours but that’s without the ambient lighting so you would need to source the wiring. You could prob use the footwell lights source to wire up door handle lights perhaps? The sills also light up which is nice.

I think it might be a big job, especially if you want things like led`s for the reading lights. I know in the A3 it’s a big job. The main assembly in the roof also has a couple of bulbs that glow downwards that provide lighting, that would be hard to retrofit if you dont have it. The front dash panels are removable as you can get different colours but that’s without the ambient lighting so you would need to source the wiring. You could prob use the footwell lights source to wire up door handle lights perhaps? The sills also light up which is nice.

Thanks for this, its a weird one because I already have the interior LED "touch" lights with the illuminated "S-Line" door sills and footwell lights. I'm just looking to do the dashboard and centre console.

Thanks,
Cal

Thanks for this, its a weird one because I already have the interior LED "touch" lights with the illuminated "S-Line" door sills and footwell lights. I'm just looking to do the dashboard and centre console.

Thanks,
Cal
That’s Audi options for you! All over the place and most don’t make sense. I see what you want though, should be easy enough. It’s just the 2x leg parts and then 2 trim bits that should in clip easily. They are the same design as the ones you have now so assume they clip off and in again, only then in between you have to add wiring.

That’s Audi options for you! All over the place and most don’t make sense. I see what you want though, should be easy enough. It’s just the 2x leg parts and then 2 trim bits that should in clip easily. They are the same design as the ones you have now so assume they clip off and in again, only then in between you have to add wiring.

I know right, Three Audi's later you'd think I'd learn. but in theory it shouldn't be hard at all...Its just figuring out the wiring, coding should also be simple.

Reactions: Ormesome
I know right, Three Audi's later you'd think I'd learn. but in theory it shouldn't be hard at all...Its just figuring out the wiring, coding should also be simple.
will ebay have old ones from a breakdown i wonder - saw a q2 being broken up last week and had some parts going

will ebay have old ones from a breakdown i wonder - saw a q2 being broken up last week and had some parts going

It's not easy to find RHD drive ones, my best bet is to find a Vorsprung or Edition1 salvage car. I think I've located one, although Il'l find out more tomorrow.

Thanks,
Cal

It's not easy to find RHD drive ones, my best bet is to find a Vorsprung or Edition1 salvage car. I think I've located one, although Il'l find out more tomorrow.

Thanks,
Cal
Think it was an option on early models to from what I’ve read, I can’t seem to find any part numbers online for it which is odd!

update. Part number for centre console
81B863244M

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

well the person I sourced the trim from unfortunately already sold it :( the search continues.

Send me a pic of your current console and I can compare with mine. I think the little tray near the cigarette lighter is different position but you might be able to strip it and use the parts you need and attach to your current set up

Did anyone figure out the wiring situation?
if anyone is interested there is a complete set from a crashed Q2 and I think they ship international.
it has been up for sale since 2017 so the price is very negotiable.