Purchased superchips bluefin

andy l

Reaction score
Hi just bought a superchips bluefin for my new S1.
Had a very long conversation with a technical engineer at superchips on Friday about the bluefin.
The new bluefin has the latest software which after it's taken off totally puts the car to standard, the device has software which eradicates any trace that a remap has been on, apparently it's took them ages to develop this but on the S1 and similar vag vehicles they have managed to do it.
He told me that they have tested this on an Audi diagnostic machine thus not showing any flags like the Td1 rendering it 100% invisible after it's removed.
This is only avialble on the very latest bluefin machines and only available if you buy direct from them at present and not from any of their third party suppliers.
I've decided to buy mine as the offer of no vat only applies to the end of the month.
I plan to fit it after running in.
I will keep you posted when it's uploaded.
He also told me that the map was a very clutch friendly map and have had no issues from the many people who have bought them.
Anyone on here got one fitted/installed.

I'll be looking to buy an S1 soon, i'm currently a VW Golf gtd owner with a Superchips bluefin. Very interested to hear that the latest model is undetectable.

Andy that pretty interesting news,
But on there website I cant find anything along them lines and surly they would like to advertise that?
so to get this you have to buy straight from the Bluefin website?
This massively wants me to get a superchips though as you get a 1 year warranty too

That's what the tech guy told me and was keen to stress this.
Apparently because lots of suppliers have shelfs of stock you can only guarantee if you buy from them direct to be guaranteed one of these units.
I did query this but he was adamant about it.
I have one ready to fit as there currently offering a no vat deal.
The only thing that worries me slightly is the superchips remap is quite torque heavy.

hmmm makes this very tempting at only £426 then about £300 cheaper than any others.
you can take the map off pretty easy cant you then reapply.
sort of hassle free?
Yea there graph shows it to 346ft/lbs,
my car is on 13k so no doubt my clutch will be going soon anyway.

I had a bluefin on my Megane rs250 few years ago it's really easy to upload and remove.
The only hassle now for me is that I haven't got a laptop to stream the map onto the device from superchips.
When I had I couldn't fault it at all and when I sold the Megane I removed it and sold the device to a guy in Australia of all places!

Hi Andy I emailed Superchips on the Saturday and just got a reply,
They told me the blue fin wasn't yet available for post march 2015 cars
and there was no timescale of when it would be available.
I was under the impression you just bought a new 16 plate?
have you tried it out yet?

Not yet I bought it when the no vat offer was on to save some money.
My car is in the final stages of assembly on the Audi tracker.
A member is selling is mtm cantronic unit so might return the bluefin, just in conversation with him about it as buying a second hand unit is a bit more complicated than just take off and plug in.
Depending on the sale of it depends if I use it.

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Bluefin is not compatible with the Audi S1 on cars built after early
2015 - if you have a check on our website, there's a split listing for
these vehicles. Later cars have a different type of security protocol
which won't work with the Bluefin, but can be done with a laptop at our
Fitting Centres.

Best regards,
Graeme

Copy of the email i received

One of the reasons why I returned it have a mtm cantronic unit to fit when it arrives.
Unfortunately with the unit I have bought I still have to get it programmed/coded with qst tuning at a cost of £410+vat.
The mtm is compatible with all S1's according to mtm Germany.
I got a full no quibble refund.

Not sure which tuning route i'll go if any. I just liked the bluefin for taking the map off and on for warranty. Might go if you's use it is the DTUK tuning box.

Thats the dilemma I was in not sure about the dtuk box. There was a guy who has now got a rs3 on the forum who had problems with torque spikes and it ended up chewing his clutch quite early.
Obviously I didn't know how hard he drove it.
Hence the mtm cantronic box.

I take it that the price of one of those mtm units is what it says on the website if i'm in the right place......still picking my jaw off the ground! The decimal point is in the right place?

Yep!
I bought a second hand unit off a forum user this week.
But have to get it programmed.
Will be saving some money by going this route.

Had a racechip fitted to my FR supercopa it was ok, once you started to screw up the pots inside tho thats what threw management lights. Would run like a bag of nails. Over at both Golf forums they seem to like them.

One of the reasons why I returned it have a mtm cantronic unit to fit when it arrives.
Unfortunately with the unit I have bought I still have to get it programmed/coded with qst tuning at a cost of £410+vat.
The mtm is compatible with all S1's according to mtm Germany.
I got a full no quibble refund.
QSTuning are near where I live, look forward to hearing how you get on :)

I will keep you posted I bought the mtm cantronic from Jarod aka as 'Thewanted' from the forum.
If your thinking of getting one drop him a pm.

Reactions: lfcrule1972