• Yes I have

• No not yet...'touch wood'.

• Prior to the S3 I never had a puncture in any car

• I get about the same amount as I've had in other cars

• I get more in the S3 than I've had in other cars

Results are only viewable after voting.

S32B

Reaction score
I think someone mentioned this a while back?!?!?

Anyway, today a neighbor's visitor was changing his wheel on his FL S3, I went out and asked if he was OK (being the nice guy that I am lol), he mentioned that it was the 2nd puncture he'd had on it in less than 12 months!

This got me thinking, is it just bad luck or are the S3 tyres super soft compared to other cars/makes/etc??? I've also had two punctures since I've had my S3, prior to that I've probably only had two punctures in total during the last 25+ years!

*You can use more than one option in the poll above.

I had a bad streak a couple months ago. Found a chunk on the inside of the one tyre, when removing all four wheels for new tyres I found I also had a puncture at the same time.

I'm terrible for tempting fate, when I had my A3 and went to drop some general waste off I thought "I don't have a clue how people don't get punctures here", 12 hours later I had a flat. Try not to think of it.....

Nervously checked my four new Pirelli's when I cleaned the car for AITP... so far....

I had two on my previous car within a couple of weeks. So this time I paid £260ish for Wheel insurance. I figure that I am going to need new wheels at least once in the next 3 years so it pays for itself.

Happened to me twice now, within 5 months of ownership of FL S3, but not runing stock tires. Upgraded to Continental DWS almost on Day 2. It is definitely just bad luck.

Purely down to luck generally.
Although, obviously there are certain things we can all do to minimise the likelihood of getting one, like avoid higher risk areas (e.g. Near building sites or driving along the gutter where debris gathers).

Reactions: Mark_86 and richinsoton
Its down to poor the maintenance of the roads, they're not sweeped as often, if at all, as they used to be...

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Yeah, I've had 3 in 6 months. Twice on the same ****** tyre and both on the putter edge of that wheel. Thought someone was putting nails by the car at one point, but just bad luck as the second time I was on the motorway... ditching the Conti's asap though, I think they are a. It soft and not great in the wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn