Puncture!!

Dunders

Reaction score
What a bummer......got a sodding puncture. Small tear on the inside edge of the front nearside tyre. Must of driven over something with a sharp edge to do that.

Only good news is I spotted it pretty quickly so no damage to rim. Looks stupid on the space saver but at least it has one and I could get home!

There's the best of 200 quid gone.

This is the main reason I pay the extra £30ish a month to have my lease maintained. All servicing, oil, wipers and premium replacement tyres. Bargain if you ask me. Especially when two services are the best part of £500.

Reactions: BarryG79
I clobbered my near side rear on a kerb entering a car park last week, fortunately the rim protector did its job.
Coming from a 4x4 I'm trying very hard to avoid kerbs, never used to bother, it didn't matter.

Space saver is a god send, the inflatable gunk would have been useless.

What tyres are you on?

I clobbered my near side rear on a kerb entering a car park last week, fortunately the rim protector did its job.
Coming from a 4x4 I'm trying very hard to avoid kerbs, never used to bother, it didn't matter.

What tyres are you on?
What rim protectors do you have? I'm wanting to order some ready for when I get mine as I'm sure the wife will hit the rims at some point and I don't fancy getting 19" rotors repaired every other month.

Mine has Pirelli P zero with a big thick rim protector built in, I turned a corner into the car park and clobbered the kerb, about 5" high, my heart sank, nothing more than a black rubber mark on the rim.

IMG 0187

Reactions: A4AvantBlackEdition

What tyres are you on?
It's on Conti's which I was pleased it came on, but difficult to get cheap! About £180 on Backcircles. Currently regretting not taking the tyre insurance. First time I'll have paid for a tyre for 10yrs due to company cars and leases! Ah well, I'll feel better in a few beers time ;-)

Reactions: A4AvantBlackEdition and gone
I've had a nail in each of my rear tyres recently- about 6 weeks apart but luckily both very slow to deflate and repairable for a very modest fee. Annoying, but I'm thankful neither was more seriousa and still no idea where they came from!?

So these tyres aren't that easy to get hold of. Probably no surprise! Got to wait until Weds to get a new one. At least I don't need to go to far in the next couple of days! Looks really silly with the space saver!!

I suppose I was lucky with my puncture, MFD showed deflation half way over Forth Road Bridge. Got home and removed wheel and it was a sliver if HSS about 10mm long absolutely in the centre of the tread. Took it to Farmers and they plugged it. All well now.

I suppose I was lucky with my puncture, MFD showed deflation half way over Forth Road Bridge. Got home and removed wheel and it was a sliver if HSS about 10mm long absolutely in the centre of the tread. Took it to Farmers and they plugged it. All well now.
When you say it `showed deflation`...what exactly did you see in the MFD?

Cant recall exactly but it told me right rear was deflating and it was :blue:
Oh I see.
The reason I ask is that soon after I took delivery of the car (Last September) I had a number of spurious tyre deflation warnings. But, all it said in the MFD was that `one of` the tyres was down, not which one.
Thankfully I've not had any warnings for 7 or 8 months now.

It's only so I know what to expect if the inevitable happens

@Kestrel , my S4 recently gave me a tyre warning and told me which tyre it was, I can't remember the text precisely though. The tyre was actually over inflated at collection, I had corrected this and didn't reset the indication system.
Not sure if messages are stored, I'll have a look tomorrow.

MFD is VW terminology, must be a marketing thing

Reactions: RaZ A4
hope the new tyre arrives soon, that can't feel too good?

Reactions: Dunders
No it doesn't at all, and limited to 50 mph! Thankfully all sorted this morning and back to a full 4 wheeler!

Reactions: gone
This is the main reason I pay the extra £30ish a month to have my lease maintained. All servicing, oil, wipers and premium replacement tyres. Bargain if you ask me. Especially when two services are the best part of £500.

Did you read it? Punctures aren't covered lol.
Only tyres at the end of their life are.
I still took it though as I know mine will wear in the period I have the car!

Last edited:
As far as I'm aware mine covers punctures. I will double check.

Well, I've just double checked the terms of the deal that Audi matched for me and it states the following regarding tyres.

• Unlimited premium branded tyre replacements including valve and balance
  • Free mobile tyre fitting service - at a convenient location for you by appointment
  • Tyres - no recharges for punctures or damaged tyres (dependant upon finance provider)

So I think punctures should be covered. Audi didn't say punctures weren't included, they just agreed to match the deal, like for like.

Last edited:
fair enough, lucky for some!

Reactions: A4AvantBlackEdition