Puddle lights

Dr_Rick

Reaction score
So, in the time honoured tradition I figured I'd do the LED swap on my various internal lights. Being a Sportback with the light pack it means I have puddle lights and red door lights.

But damn those cables in the doors are tight! I know that I should have gone to @t8ups first, but I didn't know of him back when I started looking. So I have some LED replacement lamp units (not just bulbs). I've disconnected the drivers door puddle lamp unit, but there's no give in the cable to be able to connect the new one.

My guess is that I need to loosen the door card to get my hand behind it to hold the cable steady while clicking the new lamp in place. Anyone else found this?

Yes door card off and extend or re-route them a touch

No need to remove the door card fully, just prise the bottom away and get the cable in your hand and give a firm but not agressive pull, the clips holding them in place will pop out and you will get just enough slack to wire them in.
You get even less slack in the cable for the heated fan washers if you ever go down that route!

Would have to side more with @LEE69 and best just to remove doorcard as it lets you see whats in there cause i recently found that the cable isn't as along as you thing and might need extended

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: I’m with Dave here, just remove the screw at the bottom of the door. You’ll be able to pull the card out enough to get your hand in and tug the cable.

Reactions: Daveyonthemove