Puddle lights

paddy

Reaction score
I have done search but cant find what i want.
Does anyone do a puddle and door warning light (red) kit/upgrade for an S3

I can see a few separate bulbs and fittings but wondered if there is just a kit for the door with everything you need :)

I have done search but cant find what i want.
Does anyone do a puddle and door warning light (red) kit/upgrade for an S3

I can see a few separate bulbs and fittings but wondered if there is just a kit for the door with everything you need :)
You get it off tupps or Ali express I did complete set for all doors £27 had to wait a couple of weeks for deliver but perfect. I added ghost lights to mines
47ae4e4ce1707da91b37b337fe0e8e4a.jpg
1d97fa9b5eeba417d5713f9fbd7e5297.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yea thats ok if you already have puddle lights but if you are starting from scratch i need a loom and the full works.

What age is yours Paddy?
My 2006 S3 has them which surprised me. I never noticed them as I rarely use the car when it's dark, but I noticed them as I was drying the underside of the door and the cloth lit up.

My sportback me with out the light pack mate. I've since done every led upgrade except for front fogs. Check out Ali express as close to oem as your gonna get. And for the price nice took me about an hour an half to fit then just took it for coding.
Yea thats ok if you already have puddle lights but if you are starting from scratch i need a loom and the full works.

Davy
2011 and they were not fitted, they were an optional extra. had them on my 2004 3.2 years ago but thought i would add them if i could find a plug and play set. Leons link is ok for the LED units but i want the red door lights, puddle lights and the fitting kit/wiring loom as well.

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
Davy
2011 and they were not fitted, they were an optional extra. had them on my 2004 3.2 years ago but thought i would add them if i could find a plug and play set. Leons link is ok for the LED units but i want the red door lights, puddle lights and the fitting kit/wiring loom as well.
Mines 2011 go to Ali express they do full kits 3 door and t door looms included

Hi @paddy - get in touch with @RobinA3 who makes custom looms for both the footwell and door warning. He can supply the LED's too.

My MY61 didn't come with these wither

I purchased by Puddle/Door warning from eBay and although the looms were fine the light output was crap - I've since upgraded to Trups LED's.

The Footwell lights - I also bough off eBay and the connectors didn't fit into out CEM, they were too small hence why I purchased from Robin.

Honestly, spend a little more and get from @RobinA3

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/my-diy-guide-for-retro-fitting-foot-well-lights.58215/page-5
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/my-diy-guide-for-retro-fitting-puddle-lights.58244/

Reactions: paddy and RobinA3
Hi @paddy - get in touch with @RobinA3 who makes custom looms for both the footwell and door warning. He can supply the LED's too.

My MY61 didn't come with these wither

I purchased by Puddle/Door warning from eBay and although the looms were fine the light output was **** - I've since upgraded to Trups LED's.

The Footwell lights - I also bough off eBay and the connectors didn't fit into out CEM, they were too small hence why I purchased from Robin.

Honestly, spend a little more and get from @RobinA3

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/my-diy-guide-for-retro-fitting-foot-well-lights.58215/page-5
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/my-diy-guide-for-retro-fitting-puddle-lights.58244/
I have a kit I purchased from robin last year I installed the footwell lights but I never got around to fitting the door warning and puddles light there just collecting dust at the moment if your intrested I could part with them just pm me, you will see alot of feedback on numerous posts about his kits and I for one agree they are worth the extra money I also have the instructions that were supplied with them and the LED bulbs I wasn't to keen on at first but after fitting the footwell lights i was sold if you do buy a kit make sure you get them

Many thanks Shiz however i have ordered all i need from Robin but i am sure some one will snap them up, word travels fast on this forum :)

Reactions: s3_trev, samuelh_888 and Shiz94
Many thanks Shiz however i have ordered all i need from Robin but i am sure some one will snap them up, word travels fast on this forum :)
I'm going be putting mine in the for sale section very soon I hope you enjoy them:icon thumright:

I’d love the puddle lights but mine didn’t come with them either so I wouldn’t know where to start to try fit them with regards to wiring etc which I’d only want them on the front doors to be honest... Mine does have the red warning lights but they’re don’t light up :pensive:

I’d love the puddle lights but mine didn’t come with them either so I wouldn’t know where to start to try fit them with regards to wiring etc which I’d only want them on the front doors to be honest... Mine does have the red warning lights but they’re don’t light up :pensive:
If you look in post @samuelh_888 has put a good detailed link up so follow it to the letter and you should be alright .

Reactions: Spike1979
Ah I didnt see that, well detailed but I don’t have the software or know where to purchase it from
Mate I was pensive like you but great set of guys on here that will help you out as much as possible. Peice of cake to fit puddle lights. Your in Leeds I'm in brighouse 30mins away if you get stuff give me a shout I'll give you a hand

Reactions: Spike1979 and ch1z64
Ah I didnt see that, well detailed but I don’t have the software or know where to purchase it from
If you look further up from the same guy Sam you will find the guy who you would get in contact for the things you need then take @leonwilliams up on his offer and low and behold you will have :thumbs up:

This site is fantastic for help & advice which is great to be part of, @leonwilliams cheers for the offer mate appreciate it :thumbs up:

Reactions: leonwilliams
Just been reading through mate, did you sort the home coming lights out & get them to work??
Nope never bothered too much work involved. Ie new windscreen module and setting it all up. I did get the repair wire but never used it. I've done nearly every mod going except front fogs

Nope never bothered too much work involved. Ie new windscreen module and setting it all up. I did get the repair wire but never used it. I've done nearly every mod going except front fogs

Will scrap that one then :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: leonwilliams

Did you PM Robin mate or how did you go about getting them from him? Im after a set myself for my 3 Dr S3. Cheers.

As Sam says, he is great to deal with, drop him a PM,