Ptt Button Not Working After Rnse Install

RustyBucket

Reaction score
I've added a version G RNSe unit which arrived set up in German. While playing around with the settings I changed the language to English and then in the Nav settings changed the SDS settings from German to English. When I clicked save, it thought about and then said something like correct disc needed which I don't have and now the language options are greyed out and the PTT button doesn't work. It did previously on my symphony head unit. I've been through this coding http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/retrofit-rnse-to-8p2-s3.154975/ but it's still not working - Any ideas?
Cheers

So having installed the RNSe every time I switch it on I see the message "Please insert the correct cd/dvd". Just wondering if this is a coding issue or if the disc I was supplied which came with the head unit from Germany via Poland is a dodgy disc which I'm never going to get to work? The sat nave seems fine and all instructions are in English but as above still have issues selecting language for SDS and the PTT button - I suspect these may be linked to the start up message. Any thought greatly appreciated. Cheers

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 119
Do you have a multi function steering wheel?
I'm guessing that either discs are 'faulty' or the laser in the head unit is dirty or needs replacing.
Do you have access to any original RNSE DVD discs? That's what I would try first. At startup if its not reading the disc then you need to resolve that issue first. From experience some of the RNSE units don't come with original discs. Its quite easy to tell originals so if you post up a pic of the disc/discs we should be able to tell.

Yup, I have the MFSW and no, the disc is definitely not original, I've even managed to smudge some of the ink printed on the face of the disc :eek:. Unfortunately I don't have access to an original either so I suppose this is the first thing I will need to try as well as getting the coding right as I'm getting errors with the that I need to resolve with:

37-Navigation -- Status: Malfunction 0010
56-Radio -- Status: Malfunction 0010
77-Telephone -- Status: Malfunction 0010

Cheers

did u buy it from the bay? if so which user so we can avoid

you may have to down grade the unit then upgrade it again for the sds system to work again . best media to use is verbatim burnt at 1x speed

I tried to burn an up to date disc but all it did was upgrade then said the disc wasn't right

you may have to down grade the unit then upgrade it again for the sds system to work again . best media to use is verbatim burnt at 1x speed

Any ideas as to where I can get hold of/download the disc content to burn? Also I've read loads that suggest its only particular burners that will do the job correctly, is that your experience too?

i use an old pioneer 106 drive the newer ones dont work i have the files if you need them pm me with a site to upload them to

you have to use vcds to force the downgrade though