Facelift PSA: Theft Attempt

meddigo

Reaction score
Hi All, I've signed up just to pop out a heads up. I live in the Poole area of the UK, Dorset. Had my flat broken into while I was away at a festival (car left at home). My girlfriend was at home and slept through the break in. Literally nothing was stolen but they were clearly looking for a car key. I have a 66 plate S3 so it appears they were after a performance car. Probably so they could commit another crime, according to the police.

Just thought I'd put a heads up out there for any other S3 owners in the area. Although, I wish I'd left my keys where I usually do instead of taking them with me. At least my life would have been rifled through!

Reactions: lucaslfc, jungle650, kevpuk and 1 other person
So nothing was actually stolen? How did they manage to break into the flat? Are you on the ground floor?

Hi,

No, they were clearly looking for my car keys. They left cameras, laptop, etc, etc.

I'm not in a multi occupancy block, it's a private entrance. PVC door and usual lock. Apparently they put in a blank key and have a tool that fits over it that allows them to break the barrel and release all the tension in the lock allowing them to just open the door. Luckily a chap across the road has a lot of CCTV cameras and has caught the whole thing on video. Not enough detail for identification, but a few distinctive features the police are hoping to use.

Wonder how they knew which flat belonged to the S3 owner! Must have been watching...be super aware when out and about.

that sucks mate, makes me angry though that these little scroungers think they can get away with it.
hope you get some answers amigo :)

I'm glad they didn't get your car mate.

Did you replace your door cylinder with an anti snap one?

Reactions: lucaslfc
Hello, and welcome.

As said before, be careful. So many **** hole thieves about.

Nice avatar btw.

Scumbags, if caught they should all be executed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk