PS3 Lan party

sparks

Glad im back
Reaction score
I was wondering could any of you PS3 owners help me out?Here is the thing im currently offshore and we have 2 PS3's plus 2 copy's of COD 4 onboard and are trying to get them hooked up so we can play against each other without playing split screen so through lan party.we have tried just linking them together with crossover cable/ethernet cable but no joy so was wondering do they have to be online which they are not as cant hook them up to internet as this will slow down the server on the boat or can they be plugged into a router to link them?Any help would be great!!

HI Sparks,

I think you just need a hub and some standard ethernet to connect your PS3s together rather than a crosss over cable!

HI Sparks,

I think you just need a hub and some standard ethernet to connect your PS3s together rather than a crosss over cable!

Cheers for the reply will try that when go back to the boat as at home now!

Playing COD out at sea, that sounds class!

I can confirm what meatychi said you will need a hub to connect both ps3's into. you may need to assign an IP to both console also.

Playing COD out at sea, that sounds class!

I can confirm what meatychi said you will need a hub to connect both ps3's into. you may need to assign an IP to both console also.

I it is class thats for sure especially if we cant work cause of weather so its inside for C.O.D! Just a pitty we cant get them online to play free for alls etc which would be better!