Prospective S3 owner from a BMW 320d

J3oef

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Not sure if this is the correct forum section or not but I hope so.

Currently have a BMW 320d and am looking to change to an Audi S3 Sportback. Have considered the m135i also.

Love the sound of the BMW but overall think the s3 will suit me better and slightly pips it.

I have a question regarding the exhaust on them.

From what year do you get the exhaust cackles/pops/farts/gurgles or whatever people describe them as. I'm looking at one which was first registered April 2015.

Is anyone able to shed any light or share any videos with regards to this as I can't see 5o find any on YouTube.

Also, what's ur opinion between the 135i and s3?

Cheers all

I'm pretty sure they changed the exhaust system in or around 2017. My sister has just bough a 2017 and was told by the audi dealership that it was one of the last that did this and were changed around this time. So a 2015 will make all the noise that you may be looking for.

Reactions: J3oef
2013 and newer is the 8V not 8P mate

I assume that means it's the wrong section which would be typical haha.

I'm pretty sure they changed the exhaust system in or around 2017. My sister has just bough a 2017 and was told by the audi dealership that it was one of the last that did this and were changed around this time. So a 2015 will make all the noise that you may be looking for.

Ah that's interesting then. I've seen a few videos on YouTube and a few which others have posted on this site from a 66 model which seemed to be what I was after so good to know it changed in 2017.

Thanks

I assume that means it's the wrong section which would be typical haha.

Ah that's interesting then. I've seen a few videos on YouTube and a few which others have posted on this site from a 66 model which seemed to be what I was after so good to know it changed in 2017.

Thanks
Welcome to Audi-sport.net. I will move your post to the 8v section.

Reactions: J3oef