Pros and Cons

dragon

Reaction score
Have taken delivery of a new A3 S Line Sportback 170, after driving an 8P Sport for the last three years.

Pros: Love the new engine, the refinement, styling, colour (Monza Silver), bluetooth, the seats, standard alloys and the xenons.

Cons: Standard stereo unit looks cheap, AUX socket volume levels are a joke! (wish i could have specced the RNS unit but costs were too high).

Also suprised by the ride, I was expecting it to be quite harsh (as outlined in many threads here) but in fact its perfect.

Overall I'm chuffed with it!!!

Photos to follow!

Congrats on the new car!

With regards to aux-in, the volume problem is caused by the low output volume from the source rather than lack of gain on the input. I used to have a Sony mp3 player that had a line-out option for this purpose. The volume difference was huge!

Thanks for the advice. I am using a Sony MP3 player and will check the settings!

Thanks for the advice. I am using a Sony MP3 player and will check the settings!

Which model? Mine was one of the old 20GB HDD models (HD5) which had extra features. Newer ones don't have all the options. There was also a hack for mine which overode the EU volume limit.

Have checked the Ipod and there are no settings so will have to keep the volume up!!

Would love to retrofit RNS but have a familt holiday to pay for first :thumbsup:

Why is it even when you park down the far end of the supermarket away from everyone else when you return some **** in a 4x4 is parked tight up against you?

Last two cars have been damaged in public carparks, is it my bad luck or has anyone else had the same?

I have the same problem. I park in the big row of empty spaces along the back of Tesco and someone will always park right next to me! I even counted 7 spaces either side one time.

Thankfully no one has marked my car just yet.

I have the same problem. I park in the big row of empty spaces along the back of Tesco and someone will always park right next to me! I even counted 7 spaces either side one time.

Do what l do. Find same said spaces and park over two of them. Last time l did that l found another car had done the same. It was an R8. Did l feel humble at that point or what.

Congrats on the new car!

With regards to aux-in, the volume problem is caused by the low output volume from the source rather than lack of gain on the input. I used to have a Sony mp3 player that had a line-out option for this purpose. The volume difference was huge!

We had exactly that problem with iPod Classic, turned up volume on iPod, turn up volume on Stereo et voila... Still not a patch on the B&O on my newish A5... awesome:blackrs4:

If i witnessed someone damaging someone elses car i would defo speak up. I would hope someone would do the same for me one day.

I would do the same 100%. I'd kick off at the person about their lack of respect. Then I'd follow them (secretly if necessary) and get their own reg. Then I'd either leave a note on the damaged car or wait until they came out.

Boringggggggg "Unfortunately the sig pic had to go guys, but you can find it here if you need it"

So can I, lol.

:icon_thumright: