Pros and cons swapping A6 3.0 to S6 5.2

wayne n

Looking for feed back. I'm thinking of swapping my 3.0tdi for the 5.2 v10 as I want more punch. What should I be looking out for? Are there any common issues apart from fuel costs.

B5NUT

VCDS Map User
Only thing I can say that if anything goes wrong with the engine or gearbox, you may as well drop it off at a scrap yard. There have been a few member on here over the years that have effectively scrapped their S6 as the repair costs were too high.

Roadrunner146

I have the A6 3.0 supercharged. Fantastic car. Pulls really strong, even though it's a detuned engine from the S4.
Struggling to find someone who can unlock the ECU for a cheaper remap.
I've already swapped the pulley. The big tuner's can remap them , but the cost is nudging £1000.

wayne n

I have the A6 3.0 supercharged. Fantastic car. Pulls really strong, even though it's a detuned engine from the S4.
Struggling to find someone who can unlock the ECU for a cheaper remap.
I've already swapped the pulley. The big tuner's can remap them , but the cost is nudging £1000.
wasn't aware Audi produced a super charged A6! But I'm not really up on anything newer than 2007 lol
Have you tried bobby singh for a map

wayne n

Only thing I can say that if anything goes wrong with the engine or gearbox, you may as well drop it off at a scrap yard. There have been a few member on here over the years that have effectively scrapped their S6 as the repair costs were too high.
Thats the kind of feed back I was looking for
Suppose thats answers the question why there so cheap.

Roadrunner146

I wasn't aware either. I wanted a V6 S4 but couldn't stretch to one at the time. I stumbled onto mine while searching fleebay for a large petrol estate.
Isn't Bobby Singh based in London.
I need someone fairly local and I'm based in North Lincolnshire.

wayne n

I wasn't aware either. I wanted a V6 S4 but couldn't stretch to one at the time. I stumbled onto mine while searching fleebay for a large petrol estate.
So do they come in estate version?
Yes Bobby is in London.

wayne n

So do they suffer from carbon build up like some of the other models

JG51 AUD

What about Rick, at Unicorn Motor Developments?

JG

Roadrunner146

Attachments

• 20160918_155139.jpg
    20160918_155139.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 91

JG51 AUD

wayne n

So if I do decide to buy a 3.0T I will have to pay £1000 for a remap?

wayne n

Is unlocking possible and what sort of power increase is achievable from just a remap ?

Roadrunner146

It is possible. Power from the A6 is 290bhp. That's 50 shy of the same power plant fitted in the S4.
A standard remap will put you around the 400 mark with lot's of torque.
Get the supercharger pulley swapped, and you will see 450 ish BHP.
There's not many cars out there that will give you so much bang for buck.:dizzy:

THQuattro

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
If you are going to buy one i would be looking through forums to find one.