Promised I wouldnt get carried away...

C43A3CE4 02A1 4D4E 91B9 D8B2FAD9278C

Took the 18” B8 alloys off yesterday so I can get them cleaned up and sold, put a spare set of 19” on just so the car is still mobile. When the B8 alloys are sold I will get the peelers refurbed and fitted, went for 225 35 in the end, o don’t know if I could be doing with 215 35 rubber bands now :tearsofjoy:

2BCB1C43 7A42 4663 B3E3 DB3274529843

So the peelers are on, front coillies wound all the way down, the tears are nearly all the way down, they are a bit awkward to adjust. Any way it’s about 90% there
02968960 D077 47B5 9656 687D393AD176
B58884F9 9E32 414E AF92 AE2537AB2B69

Attachments

• 813AE805-1BDB-46B2-BE87-872F5C4FD884.jpeg
    813AE805-1BDB-46B2-BE87-872F5C4FD884.jpeg
    783.1 KB · Views: 208
Reactions: Andrew_avant
Waiting on door blades and wing mirrors to be painted then MOT this week hopefully in Tim for the LowCollective show this Sunday :whistle2:

F5545493 D65F 4333 99F6 9F480C7A7F14

29DD455D FC42 4D23 A87E 0B367862DD5A

This is a truly beautiful thing! I love rust.
If only you could find some genius to fabricate metal bumper skins so you didn't need to fake them, epic job.
i love it when someone thinks so far out of the box that there's no return, sooo many standard A4's it's good to see this.

This is a truly beautiful thing! I love rust.
If only you could find some genius to fabricate metal bumper skins so you didn't need to fake them, epic job.
i love it when someone thinks so far out of the box that there's no return, sooo many standard A4's it's good to see this.

Cheers dude! Yeah I completely f@cked it :haha:

You need to get some "Anchor Wax" I used to be in the old VW scene and had a couple of splitscreen vans, there was a a few guys that did what you have done back then but then applied the wax to keep it in that state :grin:

Sorry for being a bit thick but.... thats actually a paint finish? Pretty amazing if it is! Kinda like the Rat Rod look.....

Sorry for being a bit thick but.... thats actually a paint finish? Pretty amazing if it is! Kinda like the Rat Rod look.....

Hi, it’s a product called rusty paint, https://www.rustypaint.com/ it’s a paint with metal filings in. You apply the paint, sand it to expose the metal filings and then spray on an activator and it’s starts to rust straight away :thumbs up:

Haha I thought you had bare metalled the whole car and let it rust, I've seen some pretty good fake patina paint jobs but rusty paint seems like a great product.

Any good pictures from the show :grin:

It’s an amazing product! Everywhere I park it people stop and talk about the car :wtf: this is probably my favourite picture I have taken of the car so far

90D2B614 8EB6 4A0A B0B6 1348C57EDDCA

7FF525C7 0150 450C 86C3 A542C32E50DE

Won some wide bolt on arches on eBay really cheap, in two minds whether to go down that route, let’s be honest it’s never going to be a subtle car.

Also put an offer on some 3.0 B6 312mm carriers, £25 and it was accepted :icon thumright: so I can do the rear brake upgrade. Just looking for the best place to source some dust shields now.

Thanks for the new screen saver :tongueclosed:

As for the bolt on's got to be done in my op! it'll finish it off nicely, matt black would give a nice contrast...

Reactions: winterrB6
You’re welcome :welcoming: Yeah got to be done I think, need to get the grinder out :whistle2:

Couldn’t decide between matt black or nato green, went for nato green but I’m not overly keen on it, I don’t think. I will be rubbing the whole car down and repainting it matt black. Waiting on some wide bolt on arches to be delivered, already have some canards and winglets to fit. Looking forward to show season next year!

BCF1EF57 04B1 498A B77B A3A00B53951F

Reactions: DieselJake
Used the tin of matte black rusty paint I had left over, managed to get 1/3 of the car painted with it :icon thumright: definitely pleased with how it’s looking now

4F922A91 DCAF 4117 8268 B8963AD32CFC

If I want the matt black paint to rust I just need to rub it down slightly and then spray rust activator :icon thumright: going to leave it matt black for now

I patina'd my 56' bus and rubbed through to an off white under layer from the dove blue top coat, I reckon once fully painted you should gently rub down on all the top curve edges to give it that natural worn look....just like being in Cali for 50 years :grin: you know like Arnold Schwarzenegger :laughing:

Reactions: winterrB6
I patina'd my 56' bus and rubbed through to an off white under layer from the dove blue top coat, I reckon once fully painted you should gently rub down on all the top curve edges to give it that natural worn look....just like being in Cali for 50 years :grin: you know like Arnold Schwarzenegger :laughing:

Sounds like a good idea mate I’ll see what I can do haha

8BDE421B 0A80 46FC A05A 31E96A064455

Yeah..........I’m breaking it :flushed: Really need to pull my finger out and finish off my Golf VR6 conversion, breaking this should help fund it :thumbs up:

Will put a proper ad in the sale section but the interior, side skirts and front bumper are spoken for. Still available:

•Eibach pro street S coilovers (done roughly 1000 miles)
•Freshly powdercoated S5 peelers 19”x9” new tyres
•B8 S4 front brakes and braided lines (discs may need skimming, brake judder)
•FMIC
•S4 Door blades
•LED tail lights
•Depo black headlights (1 month of use)
•Honeycomb front grille
•Votex rear bumper
•3” decat and 3” downpipe (never got to fit them)
•RS4 Carbon fibre gear surround + coin tray

Any other parts let me know

Last edited:
I have a VR6 front bumper 'purple blue" the gel coat is cracked when a man reversed into me. Photos available. Are you interested.