Project S3 FUM build .

MICHAEL PARKER

S3 Sportback
Reaction score
Just fitted a Neuspeed CAI and TTS engine cover , took around an hour .

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,114
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,211
Reactions: Raiden
So if i get the exhaust i can then get stage 2 later or will i get eml problems , do you have to go stage 1 or can you go straight stage 2?

You can go straight to stage 2, will you be going decat?? If so then you will get the eml on until the remap as I understand but if you go sports cat should be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can go straight to stage 2, will you be going decat?? If so then you will get the eml on until the remap as I understand but if you go sports cat should be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will be going sports cat because it will cause mot problems else .

You may get the eml with the sports cat on tbh
When I took my map off for a warranty issue, the light came on after approx 50 miles. That was a boring 2 weeks till it went back on again lol

does it matter if the eml comes on though as if i buy the bcs downpipe and sport cat it may be a few weeks before i can afford the stage 2+ software , not going to bother with a stage 1?

When I spoke to Nigel about the light coming on he said that it does not happen to all cars after a BCS downpipe.
R-Tech stage 2/2+ =£350

I may go the R tech route Peter , going to contact them once I get the BCS ordered and fitted , am I right saying that I will have to cut the oem exhaust to fit the BCS downpipe / sport cat or are they sectional already , I fitted an exhaust on my old M5 and we had to cut the oem one to fit my Eisemann .

Reactions: Ben2487
Hi Michael,
As far as I am aware the original down pipe is the same length as the BCS downpipe. The whole idea is to swop in the replacement part easily. When I enquired about fitting costs at BCS I think it was £75.00. Also is anything needs adding in or modifying they would do it on site. Whilst it is a drive to St Helens, you would leave knowing everything is on properly. Be aware that most of the downpipes apart from APR do not have a resonator and so could make more of a drone. Interestingly the APR pipe for the 4WD S3 or Golf 6R has the resonator but the pipe for the Golf Edition 30/35 Sirocco fwd drive cars does not have the resonator. Best is to call Nige at BCS as they have super customer service.
The BCS is sectional whereas the oem pipe is all in one piece.

http://www.powervalve.co.uk/product...-oem-system-system-options-sports-system.html

Cheers,
Peter

Hi Peter

As I thought then , so the oem has to be cut , I have sent Nigel a Facebook message about it , thanks matey .

Ps

I don't like drone either lol been there done that , but I do want it to sound meaty , my mate has a s3 running 380 with full large vote miltek and it sounds mental .

does it matter if the eml comes on though as if i buy the bcs downpipe and sport cat it may be a few weeks before i can afford the stage 2+ software , not going to bother with a stage 1?

Stg2+,or HPFP/exhaust/CAI etc offers the best overall bang for your buck so to speak,but also,all of the parts you need for each stage aren't wasted,so you lose little other than the cost of software upgrades by doing it in stages,if you have to.
Some tuners don't charge much at all for each subsequent software level either.

Is it worth fitting a Forge Bov ?

The S3 uses an air mass metering system,and inserting an old school type dump valve upsets that to a degree,by venting air that's already been metered.
The lambda probe will adjust fuelling,but it's best to retain the intended type of bypass valve,or uprated versions such as the GFB DV+ etc.

I've used a Forge DV on my car for around 70k miles,and here's the old thing in all it's beauty.

Thanks Alex , I don't want to waste money on stuff I don't need , I am used to modding RS Fords hence the dump valve lol , had beemers for the last 20 years though , should I fit the GFB DV+ ? I will be going for quite big power eventually as funds allows but for now I will buy the BCS downpipe and 200 cell cats etc , and I may go R tech stage 2 soon after .

Thanks Alex , I don't want to waste money on stuff I don't need , I am used to modding RS Fords hence the dump valve lol , had beemers for the last 20 years though , should I fit the GFB DV+ ? I will be going for quite big power eventually as funds allows but for now I will buy the BCS downpipe and 200 cell cats etc , and I may go R tech stage 2 soon after .

I had a couple of Cosworths some years ago,one of which had been a GpN rally car in a former life.
Great cars but very simple compared to these.

The DV+ is a very good simple mod,and will work with whatever you do.

The best value for bigger power is the TTE420 or similar,as it will get you to around 440bhp without needing to open the engine.

Reactions: MICHAEL PARKER
Hi Peter

As I thought then , so the oem has to be cut , I have sent Nigel a Facebook message about it , thanks matey .

No Michael,
The oem downpipe just unbolts at both ends and can be refitted again if you wish at a later date.

yes sorry,on pics i have seen with other makes like milktek etc they show the downpipe and cat and then a piece of exhaust pipe , i could be wrong though , going to get BCS do it once they get back to me .

Hi Guys , what boost gauge would you recommend and also a fitting kit etc , also where would i connect the boost pipe ? tia.

Thankyou Alex , i had seen the forge kit but wasn't sure if it was what i needed , the Defi gauges are fairly expensive , I was looking at one at Awesome gti suitable for the Audi interior , i think i will fit one in the vent .

Reactions: S3Alex
Booked in at BCS on the 18th for a downpipe and 200 cel sport cat fit .

Reactions: Ben2487 and Rob C
Well done Michael, good to see that you are still making progress.
Going straight to 2(+) after the downpipe is an awesome upgrade all in one go. You will not believe that you are driving the same car!
I fitted a bigger Cotton Green cone filter to my car today to make sure there is definitely no restriction to the air coming in. Not tested it yet. Probably not needed but I could not resist!

It's a slippery slope Peter tbh , I will get the downpipe done as booked in then I will just use the car as is for a few weeks , hopefully it will be ok , it's only a toy so not used all the time , I am then going to fit a HPFP and then go straight for stage 2 , I am a bit concerned going for 2+ because of the clutch .

If have the hpfp fitted you will be leapfrogging stage 2 and going straight for 2+!!

What I meant was if you have the intake, downpipe and the hpfp you have the hardware for a 2+ map. As Hookmonster found out, the clutch could not cope. Some slip at stage 1, it depends on how many miles the car has done and how much abuse the clutch has had so far.
Most people budget for a clutch at stage 2 (+).

The car has done 52000 supplied and full service from Aberdeen Audi with one owner but who knows how it's been driven, I have a limited budget as I need to tile the kitchen floor lol

I would say at that mileage either 2 or 2+ would cause slip. Higher the gear the bigger the chance of slip if you floor it at max torque.
However, you don't have to drive it like you stole it until you save up!

Yes that's what is happening to my mates stage 2+ , he has a Sachs clutch fitted by a previous owner but as he is running 370 the clutch has started slipping in the high gears and he has to back off the power etc

A bit annoyed at the mo as I found out the Ac would not turn on at the weekend , I pressed the switch but the red light just went straight off , the car has been back at the garage I bought it from for the last two days , they said it would just be a re gas but I thought I've heard that before , still not heard from them , they better not damage my nice new TTS engine cover and CAI or I will not be a happy bunny , they have given me a 14 year old A2 , what a shed that is !!!

Reactions: jdsour
I was thinking of adding the Recaro wing backs like my mates but at over £3k I don't think I will bother !!!!

Reactions: S.