Project de-chav V6! McDonald's hero to track toy!

jamiequin

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Picked up a 2004 A3 3.2 V6 in Lava Grey. It's horrendous Paint is perfect. Interior is clean and it runs great but it's been crashed into halfords!

It has a full custom exhaust and AMD remap (268bhp)

I didn't take pics when I got it but I removed 4 S3 badges on and a big Quattro one in the lower grill. Black Audi vinyls on the sides too! It was shocking! Callers have orange brembo stickers (which I tried removing but have been lacquered on!!) R8 wheels and the most hideous exhaust tip you will see in your life!

All badges and stickers removed, cleaned and as much done as I can do today! New plates too as old ones were spaced weird and in a horrible font!

Plans are basically sort the exhaust tips, sort the front grill as it seems to of had the centre chrome bit butchered, new wheels, suspension and brakes and go break it on track!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    928.7 KB · Views: 244
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    918 KB · Views: 240
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    909.1 KB · Views: 255
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 240
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 246
Reactions: DJ_26, Cambaines and S.
Well it looks better now, it's not the worst chavviest example either. I think the red audi badge on the engine cover looks fine. I've had the exhaust tips on my car changed recently, but I see what you mean about the ones on yours. Not so keen on the chrome strips on the bumper, they don't match the straight chrome edges on the grilles.

Fit an S-line spoiler, change the exhaust tips for some subtly inwardly rolled ones, lower the car and away you go!

I wouldn't knock the tips, I hear they add at least 15bhp!

Sent from a mobile device, please forgive typos :)

Reactions: SnazzyWafles
Cheers guys!

Yeah it was in Lowestoft!

Done a bit more today, the R8 replica wheels are off! Now have 18" S4 alloys. Looks much more subtle. Panel filter going in tomorrow too!

Get some Eibach Sportline lowering springs on. The stance and handling will be transformed

Think I'm going to go for some cheap coilovers over springs!

My friend has then on his Leon and said its really not worth spending the extra 600 odd for top brands.

This is going to be cheap track fun so could don't want to spend a fortune on suspension.

Having worked in motorsports I know suspension in important BUT.. Cheaper coilovers and money spent elsewhere would give better gains that great coilovers and cheap tyres for example.

:)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 113
Reactions: S.