Project C.A.R.S.

Alec

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

There is quite a cool new racing sim in the works by the guys who developed NFS: Shift. Some of the guys at the dev team there didn't like the idea of making a game with great physics and then "dumbing" it down a bit for younger people to play. So with C.A.R.S. they are focussing solely on making a realistic driving simulation experience.

I have been a member of the donator community for a few months now and have enjoyed trying out the weekly released Alpha versions - here are some videos of mine from some of the earlier alpha builds:

Formula B (Formula 2), three laps round Bologna (Imola):

Track-side:

Onboard:

Same track, but in a 1968 Lotus F1 car:

Since these videos the alpha version has gotten the Caterham 7, Arial Atom, Formula 1, GoKarts along with quite a few other cars, particularly Le Mans cars.

Oh yeah, and the old stig (Ben Collins) is helping with the development by providing feedback on how the physics compare to real life. :D

You can check out the website for this project at WMD Portal

Let me know if any of you chaps want to see vids of any particular cars and I will try and make them for you. :)

Cheers,

Alec

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: voorhees
i saw this a few months back, looks cool. How far through development is it? what sort of spec machine is this game being aimed at? I see that you can see all the suspension components working and brakes, that's pretty hardcore stuff isn't it?

Last edited:
This should have released in November, but just been emailed by Amazon who i've pre-ordered with for PS4 to say it's slipped to March 2015.

Was looking forward to it too. Dunno if Drive Club is gonna hold my interest that long. Back to BF4 then for the winter.

This should have released in November, but just been emailed by Amazon who i've pre-ordered with for PS4 to say it's slipped to March 2015.

Was looking forward to it too. Dunno if Drive Club is gonna hold my interest that long. Back to BF4 then for the winter.
I read this and they put it down to avoiding Christmas releases clashes,they want to release it when alls quiet

was a bit gutted about the delay on this but we've got CoD and Halo coming out on the Xbox soon so that'll tide me over

Just a little reminder, I think this is released 21st March '15 in Europe.

Not too long now then :)

the game is out next week!

this guy look to take things pretty seriously;

Yep, been a long wait for this.

Looks great. About time the PS4 had a proper racer.

bought in pre-order on PC in March but the release date has been postponed to middle May 2015 :-( still waiting.....

Pre-ordered via amazon, who then messed up my order to get it in time for release day (today).

Have downloaded it via the Playstation store, and first impressions are very good.

Its only letting me play at Dubai in an LMP 1 car at the mo, as its clearly downloading more of the game.

Tracks include cadwell, snetterton and brands, nurburgring, spa amongst others. Cars include old Lotus f1, and everything worthy since including old-school Sierra Cosworth and e30 m3's.

I'm chotu495 on ps4, so feel free to add me if anyone else gets this.

Update - yep, it has its bugs here and there, but its a cracker.

Cars have a weight to them, and dont bother to try anything on cold tyres.

Looks, sounds and plays really well. For me, better than gran turismo by some distance, and forza.

Hard as nails, but rewarding when you get it right.

Just got my copy today for ps4 only had a couple of races as the pesky misses and kids came home. But what I've played it's very good enjoying it way more than assetto corsa on pc gonna try my hand online later see if it has the usual first corner rammers..

yes, I think I like it.

Have to get over the initial few hours of play where I am utter *****. I decided that my first career series would be the Renault Clio Cup. Now i usually drive RWD cars in racing games (Forza1-5) so getting in a stiff FWD car and trying to get around Snetterton 200 with the chicane at the end of the back straight was a nightmare. I'd get around the first left hander but then as I lift off for the right hander I was getting some pretty severe lift off oversteer and I was in the barriers lap after lap - very twitchy indeed. Also had to tone done the gamepad sensitivity a bit as trying to counter-steer a dodgy moment left me in the opposite barriers

Anyway - slowly getting used to it but I think as I get better at it it will become very rewarding

@MBK - What do you think of it?

Reactions: jaykay8L
only got my game today. will install it tomorrow I think and see how it goes :)

I've been hammering it over the weekend but think i've over done it by mainly driving formula A cars as when i get in any other cars it seems so slow but still it's one of the best racers out there.
Feel free to add me on psn chatty72

Am loving the pre-e30 bmw 3 series turbo. Great car.

Still impressed with this, and it'll only improve with further updates.

Will add you next time i'm online, chatty :D

i have this for PC, wasnt really expecting much from it but i'm glad i got it, great game, looks good, and feels good.