1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Project B7 420-R: 2012 Seat Exeo ST Sport Tech As Base Car.

Nollywood Aug 29, 2018

1. HOGG

HOGG Active Member

Seat doors fit straight on the Audi and then you'll have power fold mirrors
    ;)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Nollywood

Nollywood B7 420-R Avant Team Dakota Team V8 S-line owners group Audi RS6 quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

Haha!

4. Alex Holmes

Alex Holmes Well-Known Member

Usual Audi spec!

Imo the Seat is the better of the b7 formats. Newer cars and a spec one could only get in an RS4.

Nollywood likes this.
  5. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Daytona Team Brilliant Black TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User S-line owners group quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

I see flaws in your comparison though.
    The B7 is a 2005 year model and average spec, the Seat is a 2012 year model with much newer and different engine .
    With a 7 year difference I would hope the Seat did have a better spec to be honest, not sure its really fair to compare the two as they are not really evenly matched.
    The Seat maybe based around the B7 but it benafits from newer and different options that were not available on the B7 production line.

6. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Daytona Team Brilliant Black TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User S-line owners group quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

Still think a nice B7 is the better of the two cars, just my personal preference .:yes:

7. Nollywood

Nollywood B7 420-R Avant Team Dakota Team V8 S-line owners group Audi RS6 quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

Come on, Rob!

The options that I listed in the SEAT were available when the B7 A4 was launched!

Full DIS.
    Front armrest.
    BOSE.
    RNS-E.
    MFSW.
    Electric folding mirrors.
    Bluetooth.
    PDC.
    Auto-dimming mirrors.
    Automatic wipers.
    HID headlamps.
    Coming home.
    Headlamp washers.
    Automatic headlamps.

With the exception of about 3-odd options, these were even available on the B6, some on the B5.

The list above was certainly available on the B7, way before the SEAT Exeo arrived. This is a common strategy with Audi. Later models got thinner on standard equipment.

It’s not unique to the A4 - the same happened in the 1990’s with the 100 C3 and 80/90 B3. Lots of standard equipment became cost options on run-out production models.

8. Just Rob.

I'll give you that one :whistle2:but very few ever got all those at one time..lol

9. Just Rob.

And if you were really lucky with certain B7's you got parts that were not even on the option list.:yahoo::yes:

10. Nollywood

I was looking into a 2-tone dash, using B6/7 Convertible parts.

I had some work done back in 2015 on a B4 Convertible. Replacement rear screen, and the trimmer came up trumps.

He works on high-end cars like Bentleys, Rollers, Aston Martin etc. He actually trims for dealerships.

Besides trimming, he can personalise an interior to whatever is required.

He will be making me a custom interior, including the roof lining. I’m just looking for a pair of Recaro Wingbacks.

I am also having the dash trimmed in 2-tone leather, with stitching to match the car’s exterior.

I am having custom logo’s going on the front back rests, where there would usually be an RS4. These will be embossed, rather than embroidered.

So I’m going to be purchasing a spare dash, upper and lower parts, as well as the centre console, B6/7 Avant / Sedan door cards.

The car (SEAT Exeo ST) is going into the body shop in the next 2 weeks.

11. Seanchadwick2k3

Seanchadwick2k3 Audi A6 C6 2.0tdi 2011 Sline Special Edition S-line owners group Audi A6 Le Mans Edition

I've not had chance to get on here much lately but checking in for regular updates, can't wait to see this taking shape.

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Just Rob.

Its a big old project, would be nice to see some progress soon though.

RyanJonS4 likes this.
  14. Nollywood

Rob, I totally understand.

But I do want to get the bodywork side completed first.

I also have to put paying clients first. I have 3 V8 conversions going at the moment, and none of them are mine.

15. Just Rob.

Yep, always keep the customers happy.:icon thumright::yes:

Mr Tidy and Nollywood like this.
  16. Mr Tidy

Mr Tidy New Member

Cant wait to see this finished..

17. Nollywood

Thanks buddy.

18. Mr Tidy

Mr Tidy New Member

Im on my 2nd exeo sport tech,
    First one owned from new, i traded it in , in springtime there and just didnt gel with my new car..
    Im now back to an exeo sport tech again and it fits like a glove. Its on 78k atm so i may keep it long term if i can not find a low mileage one

Nollywood likes this.