Project B5 RS4 Sedan...

Nice update Siena...What is the car pushing out? When you reckon she will be ready and back on the road? And agree public transport sucks!!!

And agree public transport sucks!!!

Tell me about it, i travel into London every day with 2 changes, thats 3 trains boo hoo.

Siena when driving the car now, if you have driven it that is must feel alot heavier now?

Nice update Siena...What is the car pushing out? When you reckon she will be ready and back on the road? And agree public transport sucks!!!

Stock AHC motor is 340PS, so I reckon at least that. Will map the VEMS for the optimum output, looking for bigger injectors though.

She should be on the road by next week.

Tell me about it, i travel into London every day with 2 changes, thats 3 trains boo hoo.

Siena when driving the car now, if you have driven it that is must feel alot heavier now?

I've only moved the car in and out of my garage.

As for weight, I doubt I'll notice much difference, if any. The V8 motor is of course heavier than the old iron block 12V, pretty close to a 30V, and definitely lighter than a fully built S4 engine.

My cooling fans turned up this morning, and have fitted them. Just need to complete the wire up to the ECU, set to turn both on at 89 degrees.

OEM B5 tacho is connected, and engine rpm ties in with that on the VEMS dashboard, so happy days. Just need to wire in the coolant gauge, then that takes care of cluster issues.

Need to create a 5 minute log, as there are some bugs to iron out, but besides that, I'm happy. Starts ok, but can't really map cold starting in current weather, will take care of that in winter.

Another video of her running - ignore the oil pressure warning as I rev, the oil temp and pressure switches aren't yet connected, so rpm of 2,500 and above will throw oil pressure warning. That'll be done tomorrow.

watch

Last edited:
^^^ Yep.

Doesn't sound that way in real life though, phone cameras / video recorders amplify the slightest sound, and make it also sound very tinny.

Getting there Siena bet you cant wait to open her up on the road. your garage looks a slim fit or is it parked up close to one side?

^^^ It's not very wide, but yes, Outlaw's parked closer to one side (driver's).

Siena,
just read through the whole post....what can i say excellent work
well done dude

Siena, Lovely project this. Reminds me of the things i used to do in the late 80's early 90's. Love to see this in the flesh. Will you be going to any of the major up and coming events?

Siena, how much does the car weigh and given that the power is more or less equal to RS4, what is the performance like?

just read through this whole thread, outstanding work my freind, I get scared I will break something if I change a bulb, you have balls of steel, car looks mint!

I would have kept it a sleeper though and left the 4.2 badge off!

Siena, how much does the car weigh and given that the power is more or less equal to RS4, what is the performance like?

Have only driven her on the runway, she needs to have new catalysts fitted, so she can be tested. Final map, then she's on the road.

Car weighs 1,540 kgs with full size BBS spare wheel, and 15 litres of fuel.

just read through this whole thread, outstanding work my freind, I get scared I will break something if I change a bulb, you have balls of steel, car looks mint!

I would have kept it a sleeper though and left the 4.2 badge off!

I get you about the sleeper aspect.

She could never be a sleeper though, with the color, bodywork, and the V8 rumble.

Siena, Lovely project this. Reminds me of the things i used to do in the late 80's early 90's. Love to see this in the flesh. Will you be going to any of the major up and coming events?

She'll certainly be making her debut at events across the country.

Have only driven her on the runway, she needs to have new catalysts fitted, so she can be tested. Final map, then she's on the road.

Car weighs 1,540 kgs with full size BBS spare wheel, and 15 litres of fuel.

I am looking forward to the post map performance report!

I guess B5 RS4 performance may be a way off seeing how the B7 gets trousered, though 1,540 kgs ain't bad at all.

Are you still planning to supercharge and what kind of power are you aiming for?

Mal

Yes, still planning supercharging.

Power? As much as I can get!

Just looked thought this whole thread...wow! But feel let down, how come the posts come to an abrupt end!!

what an insane build, too bad it turned out like that..

Very nice, I don`t like the colour of the car, but the engine is great! keep it on!!

your new so we will give you a little more time to see whats going on around here but this car on longer has the V8 in it and the owner is bad news.

Thats amazing projects.. I liked.
how much power does ur goal with supercharge ??

This looks very familiar as I did exact same job for a customer a few years ago on a s4 saloon it's a lot of work but well worth it in the end.