Progress so far

kmYoung

Reaction score
Evening All, just thought I'd post a wee update on my car.

Latest Additions
Custom audio install.
wind deflectors.
de-badging.
parts painted black.

Next on the list.

New intercooler
New Pipework
Custom exhaust with DPF Delete
Hybrid turbo (depends on funds)
IMG 3108
IMG 3112
IMG 3119
IMG 3121
IMG 3122
IMG 3124

Reactions: shadow1993 and leshkin
I wish I could have made it myself haha, the work was done by Sound Werks in Glasgow.

Reactions: irowpod
Alpine ICS X8 headunit, Hertz digital amp, Hertz 10 inch Sub, Sub Controller and DAB getting fitted at the end of the month.

I got the Guys that were refurbing my wheels to do it they also did the de badging for me.

Reactions: Pur8
The guys there are really good can't fault them, bit pricey but you get what you pay for I suppose, my install was £1987

Reactions: manor13
The guys there are really good can't fault them, bit pricey but you get what you pay for I suppose, my install was £1987
:undwech:You must really like your music, how much of that was parts and for labour? Stock speakers?

I can't remember off the top of my head labour wasn't that much 2-300 for the box. Left the bose speakers in below is what was fitted
DAB ariel
Sound deadening
Alpine ICS - X8
Audi double DiN facia
Audi Bose interface harness
Aerial adapter
Hertz Energy 10"sub
Hertz HCP mono amp
Soundwerks bespoke sub enclosure trimmed to look factory
Audison 8 gauge power kit
Hertz HCP sub controller

They've done a good job on it and I've got to keep the boot which is a bouns.

Reactions: irowpod
Awesome really nice install

I got RNS-E mkII into a bit one, into a voce 5.1k into Mille speakers in front, stock Bose in rear.

AV10 sub in a sealed enclosure and whole interior stripped out for sound deadening and noise absorbing material

Awesome really nice install

I got RNS-E mkII into a bit one, into a voce 5.1k into Mille speakers in front, stock Bose in rear.

AV10 sub in a sealed enclosure and whole interior stripped out for sound deadening and noise absorbing material

That must have cost a bomb, worth the money? Video please!! I'm thinking of doing RNS-E, Bit one, 2 cheap amps, 12 JL Audio subwoofer, 4 car speakers focal k2

It's work in progress but happy to post pic tmrw there is my build thread on here but will take fresh ones

Deffo worth it I have a diesel not too much into the performance side of things although I do want more power so it's all audio for me really

More powers the next route for me, looking to get it to about 250, anymore than that it's going to be crazy money.

Looking good really like that sub box very neat and tidy

Did the make the box out of Fibre glass??

any idea if they will sell more of them? if they have a mould?

2L tdi cr engine currently at 221
I think they are all custom made you could ask them though.

Reactions: Sayam
2L tdi cr engine currently at 221
I think they are all custom made you could ask them though.
Talk to me buddy what you done so far? I'm doing mine slowly but want to arrive at 250bhp at the wheels when it's all said and done

It was 170 standard, a remamp at ecotune took me to 221 184 at the wheels, next will be a new intercooler and exhaust with DPF delete, followed by a hybrid turbo, as the turbo is running at its max atm, this should take me to around 250bhp and cost around £2000-£3000. The fuel pumps are only good for around 260 bhp and a uprated one costs around £800. That's if you are wanting to go higher? But I'll be happy with 250bhp

Reactions: Sayam
that helps massively thank you

i'm not sure if your's is DSG or manual but mine is DSG (and consequently not quattro) so I reckon anything over 250BHP at the front wheels will be too much and waste of effort and money. i think with good suspension and good tyres its feasible to stick 250BHP to the road with just 2 wheel drive

where do you plan on getting the hybrid from? i've had email conversation with turbo dynamics and they don't have an off-the-shelf hybrid they can sell me but said they could build me one for around £900 that should be good enough for 260-270BHP which surpasses my requirements

Mine is a quattro and manual, I'm going to get ecotune in glasgow to do the work on my turbo and I'm going to buy the intercooler and downpipe from darkside and get pipe dynamics to build the rest of my exhaust, yes I'm the same anymore power and I might aswell buy an S3, I'm going to try and get ahold of S3 front breaks and put uprated pads and disks on the rear, I don't know wether to buy coilovers or shocks and springs though?

I've got springs and will do damper when these get knackered

Coilovers are too much of a hard ride for me

Alpine ICS X8 headunit, Hertz digital amp, Hertz 10 inch Sub, Sub Controller and DAB getting fitted at the end of the month.

How are you finding the head unit? I'm tempted with this one. I'm one of the half dozen people left with an old Nokia headset compatible through Mirrorlink!

How are you finding the head unit? I'm tempted with this one. I'm one of the half dozen people left with an old Nokia headset compatible through Mirrorlink!
I can't fault it, I've also got the DAB add on and that works great to, you also get two USB ports which is handy as I can just leave my iPod in and forget about it and still charge the phone.

Reactions: mister.c.
you can get those sub boxes on eBay, don't look bad at all.
i really wanted one of those stealth sub enclosures that AndyMac used to sell when he was around (R.I.P.) but they are like hens teeth