Progress Blog - Audi A3 2.0 TDI 2003

harris9053

Reaction score
I'm new to the site and have recently purchashed a a3, i've got big plans for the car so i thought i would start a progress blog.

mya32.jpg

mya3.jpg

Specs -
  • 68,000 miles
  • Bose sound system with audi concert stero
  • Cream full leather seats including door cards (Front Heated)
  • 19" rs4 wheels
  • 2008 s line steering wheel fitted.
  • it has a 2005 facelift rear bumper

the plans are to convert this car into a s3 replica in white. heres a few pics to show what kind of look i'm going for -
whites3lamin-xlowered.jpg

news31.jpg

mediaCAUX3899.jpg

mediaCA31S93J.jpg

6330952307_5f82ef9f46_b.jpg

Heres what i've already brought for the car, i havent got a big budget, so i've tryed to get the parts as cheap as i can.
audi s3 2007 front bumper - £180
audi a3 s line rear valance - £20
audi s3 tailgate including s3 spoiler - £90
Spax 45mm lowering springs - £80
audi s3 grill - £90

i've ordered s3 fogs and bumper trim at audi, got to go and collect them tomorrow morning. Gona get a quote on the s3 skirts, i've decided to try and fit the skirts my self and trim the door blade and trim my sill cover my self to cut down on cost.

took my car in last week to get a quote on vinyl wrapping, its a friend of a friend so getting quite a good deal, been quoted 700.

or my friend owns a bodyshop and been quoted 1000 for a full respray. havent made my mind up yet.

yeah been quoted 100 quid for 05-08 bonnet and its brand new, but got a few numbers to ring before i get that one, to see if i can get anythin better

Heres what i've already brought for the car, i havent got a big budget, so i've tryed to get the parts as cheap as i can.
audi s3 2007 front bumper - £180
audi a3 s line rear valance - £20
audi s3 tailgate including s3 spoiler - £90
Spax 45mm lowering springs - £80
audi s3 grill - £90

i've ordered s3 fogs and bumper trim at audi, got to go and collect them tomorrow morning. Gona get a quote on the s3 skirts, i've decided to try and fit the skirts my self and trim the door blade and trim my sill cover my self to cut down on cost.

took my car in last week to get a quote on vinyl wrapping, its a friend of a friend so getting quite a good deal, been quoted 700.

or my friend owns a bodyshop and been quoted 1000 for a full respray. havent made my mind up yet.

ash b - thanks for the comments , i really love your car!

Thanks for the comment mate appreciate it :happy: Sounds like good plans, looking forward to seeing the updates. If im honest i wouldnt get the car done in white. I'd go for a more unique colour as every tom d**k and harry gets an A3 and gets it wrapped or sprayed in white. Quite a few members on here have done it. If i was you id go for the respray as it doesnt seem like too much of a price difference and will get a better finish. Dont forget to add MY09 or MY11 rear lights to your list ;)

i have thought about other colours to be honest mate, kinda set my heart on white though, but theirs a guy down the road who had a orange s3 and it looked pretty cool.

Been to audi and collected the 4 bumper trim parts, washer jet covers and fog lights. may aswell i've gone not wearing pants, because they defo had them down! 277 quid :s

audiparts.jpg

Nice progress mate, i would follow in your footsteps if the mileage on my car wasn't so high! How about BMW Monte Carlo Blue that colour is seriously gorgeous.

car looks tidy and i love the plans mate, what wheels you going for or are you keeping the rs4's??

a couple of questions, where have you been sourcing parts from? because im hopeing to do something a little bit similar but bumpers on ebay seem to cost a small fortune in comparison to what you paid.

thanks for the comments guys, i'm keeping the wheels, just gona get them refurbed and maybe get them sprayed in black or a dark anthercite grey and the front bumpers are really hard to come buy, i seen one ebay and messaged the guy stright away for a buy now price and he said 180, had to travel 70 miles to get it though and whilst i was their he offered me the s line rear valance for 20 quid, the spoiler is by far the hardest one to get, i found a guy breaking a s3 and he only had the tailgate left, he agreed on 60 quid for the spoiler if i came down and removed it, so got down there and relised it is impossilble to remove the spoiler and then asked him how much he wanted for the whole tailgate, he said 130 but with a bit of knocking downi got it for 90 quid, so just gona fit the whole thing on and sell my old tailgate. the grills are easy to get because i lot of people change to the black optics and sell their old ones and the spax springs were just going on ebay last week and no one else bidded, got them for 65 quid and 15 quid postage.

red and blue ae both nice, i'm gona have a serious think and go through google images, to look at all colours.

new update - been checking everyday for months for 3 door votex side skirt, i nearly give up! their just so god dam hard to come by! but finally this morning some one put a set up on ebay, their 330 quid from audi, the set on ebay were brand new and up for 150 or best offer, go them for 129 quid posted and my spax springs arrived to day!.. just need the bonnet now and i've got everything i need for the conversion. might be going up to nottingham on the weekend to get a bonnet, 100 quid brand new.

new update - brought a new bonnet yesterday, 120 quid posted and its brand new and votex side skirts have arrived, also went to stoke on trent yeserday and picked up some full grey leather seats and front and rear doorcards at a bargain price of 125 quid.

SouthStaffordshire-20120213-00398.jpg

SouthStaffordshire-20120213-00401.jpg

SouthStaffordshire-20120213-00402.jpg

after a busy month i have finally got my car back!.. really pleased with the overall results.

810a25c7.jpg

7b9b81e7.jpg

537a8114.jpg

TBH shame its got halogen headlights fitted as the bixenons would have done the front proud man.

Nice mate:icon_thumright: Why didn't you go for the S3 rear bumper?
Are the side skirts on? :uhm: Something is not right mate, doesn't seem to line up.

Reactions: HarryJ
Nice mate:icon_thumright: Why didn't you go for the S3 rear bumper?
Are the side skirts on? :uhm: Something is not right mate, doesn't seem to line up.

the Votex skirts have cut outs for the doors as it doesnt come with door blades, and thats what makes it look different to the S3 ones

I agree with the rear bumper, you should have gone for the S3 diffuser. That is a bargain price you paid for the S3 front!

I already had the s line rear bumper it came with the car, didn't want to splash out £250 on the rear bumper and get a new exhaust fitted, so thought I would just leave it. I could of got the s3 skirts but for £120 for the votes ones I just couldn't resist

That's fair enough mate, looks good. I'm also doing a conversion, going much slower than you though lol. Just need the side skirts, 20" alloys , coilovers, MY11, wrap than I'm done. No more mods... actually maybe also FBSW and then that's it...

TROLL! Haha flying oyster mate It doesn't bother me, I just find it amusing and childish. The dislike feature is for those that can't form a rebuttal or response to a post. Go ahead keep disliking.