Programme to watch out for on channel 4 with Guy Martin. Speed with Guy Martin Monday Channel 4 @9pm

Guy guy takes part in his first ever formula 1 race as he goes head to head with Jenson Button (2009 world champion ) around the Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit. Guy is driving a classic 1983 Williams FWO8c, working for six months with the Williams Heritage Division to restore it from museum tomracing condition and has learned how to drive formula 1 style under the direction of Karen Chandok, formerly of the Hispania Racing Team. Jenson takes to the track in a prototype six wheeled Williams from the 1980’s

Reactions: 45bvtc, NevMan and Charlie Farley
Channel 4 @9pm Don’t forget.

Reactions: 45bvtc, NevMan and B5NUT
just watched it , very good.....
There are only a handful of talented driver/ riders in motorsport though , there are great riders and great drivers but very few can do both successfully.

Best one to date was the legend himself , Mike hailwood…..a truly talented person.

great program .

One of my old school friends uncle was barry hart , an exceptional motor engineer and developer , I remember following his work on the spondon projects with the barton engines in the late 70's

One of my old school friends uncle was barry hart , an exceptional motor engineer and developer , I remember following his work on the spondon projects with the barton engines in the late 70's

I well remember a Brian Hart, Rob; is this the same man?

Hart

Brian did a lot with Lotus/Ford Twin Cam engines - hence the 'bvtc' i.e., Big Valve Twin Cam

I well remember a Brian Hart, Rob; is this the same man?

Brian did a lot with Lotus/Ford Twin Cam engines - hence the 'bvtc' i.e., Big Valve Twin Cam

No , different person i'm afraid, Barry Hart was race bike engine development…..he owns and runs Hartech Porsche now.

Enjoyed Guy and Jenson. Top quality viewing. :)