Problems with keyfob

Vex182

1x S3 and 3x Fiestas.
Reaction score
My key fobs have both worked on and off over the last year. I have changed the batteries in both and that's madd no difference. I have tried to reprogram them with VCDS today (Central locking > adaptation > channel21 (Key learn)) The "stored value" was 0 so I changed it to 2 as per ross tech website and then clicked test and save. I then pressed the unlocked the buttons on the fobs and they both worked! Driven the car, locked up with the fob etc... A hour later, both have stopped working and the stored value has returned to 0.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I have tried the key in the ignition and setup one from the drivers door before and that did not work. Nor did the info in the owners manual.

When programming these, entering 2 in the box is storing the remote as remote 2. you should repeat with 1 for remote 1. Not sure why memory isnt holding, did you clear all faults and reset control by reading testing and saving ch00 first?

When programming these, entering 2 in the box is storing the remote as remote 2. you should repeat with 1 for remote 1. Not sure why memory isnt holding, did you clear all faults and reset control by reading testing and saving ch00 first?

Yeh no faults showing at all and channel 0 has been set to 0. I'll try 1 first and see what happens.