Problems with approved used A5

DanB8

Reaction score
Hi All,

I’m hoping to get some advice on a dilemma that I’m having with my A5. I brought it in July last year as an approved used Audi and I brought it blind, on the assurance that it was in great condition which I was silly to do but felt confident in the brand. The day I was due to collect they said the rear bumper was damaged and it needed a new one plus paint and the wheels all needed refurbing. When I collected the car the wheels and rear bumper had been repaired, plus the front wing had a smart repair performed too which wasn’t very good but the dealer has agreed to redo this poor work, albeit they’ve not done so yet.

I’ve washed the car today and I noticed lots of tiny bubbles I’m under the paintwork of the rear bumper and lacquer peel on the wheels, even though I’ve not kerbed them at all.

Is it unreasonable of me to want Audi to make good?? I’ve had the car since July 2021 and it has 54k

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 6D6ABDB8-E251-4C07-9D91-E2F10E96AF44.jpeg
    6D6ABDB8-E251-4C07-9D91-E2F10E96AF44.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 199
  • CEDA6DE3-702B-4DBF-9903-15064FBECBC8.jpeg
    CEDA6DE3-702B-4DBF-9903-15064FBECBC8.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 193
I would certainly be speaking to Audi.
Regardless of it being a used car, the work has some issues and they should honour the repair to make them to a suitable standard as it appears to be poor workmanship/quality.

Dont even need to see the lacquer spots to see its a terrible paint job, there's hardly any reflection, which means its not even been polished, so its been a real crappy smart not so smart repair.

Go back to the dealer asap.

Reactions: DanB8
Dont even need to see the lacquer spots to see its a terrible paint job, there's hardly any reflection, which means its not even been polished, so its been a real crappy smart not so smart repair.

Go back to the dealer asap.
I was never pleased with the finish, but they wouldn’t do it again. I don’t want to name names but the dealer has been terrible to deal with tbh.

Here’s the pictures of the front wing smart repair……even worse and surprised they were happy to let it go like that with sanding marks under the paint.

Attachments

• A39F6DF2-32D4-49A9-952C-D739B5D0829F.jpeg
    A39F6DF2-32D4-49A9-952C-D739B5D0829F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 178
  • 354D4C72-BCBA-4060-B671-6A2501CEC5F7.jpeg
    354D4C72-BCBA-4060-B671-6A2501CEC5F7.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 180
I would certainly be speaking to Audi.
Regardless of it being a used car, the work has some issues and they should honour the repair to make them to a suitable standard as it appears to be poor workmanship/quality
They’ve stopped returning my calls but I’m not going to give up.

Goto the dealership, that's terrible paintwork & it has a years warranty as its audi approved.

Nothing like appearing in person. I’d be popping down and asking to speak to someone directly about this.

You have had it 5 months, during summer months and only now noticing it now?
I’ve had terrible experiences with Audi auc in the past so if buying as a distant buyer will always do it a once over and reject it.

Being AUC the work should be guaranteed 1 year… if you have it in writing that they did this repair you stand a good chance… otherwise they will probably lie and claim it was your repair.

You have had it 5 months, during summer months and only now noticing it now?
I’ve had terrible experiences with Audi auc in the past so if buying as a distant buyer will always do it a once over and reject it.

Being AUC the work should be guaranteed 1 year… if you have it in writing that they did this repair you stand a good chance… otherwise they will probably lie and claim it was your repair.
The bubbles on the rear bumper and lacquer peeling on the wheels have only happened in the last two weeks. Last time I washed the car none of those were there. The only thing I noticed on the day I collected was the front wing which they agreed they rectify. I’ve got all the emails from Huntingdon Audi regarding the front wing.

I was never pleased with the finish, but they wouldn’t do it again. I don’t want to name names but the dealer has been terrible to deal with tbh.

Here’s the pictures of the front wing smart repair……even worse and surprised they were happy to let it go like that with sanding marks under the paint.

They’ve stopped returning my calls but I’m not going to give up.
Mate do what I did and go straight to the top! And name names.

Send him an email and tell him about your experience/complaint. I'm sure he will not be happy they are ignoring you. I ended up being given a brand new R8 for the day as a 'sorry'.

Managing Director of Audi UK
Andrew Doyle
andrew.doyle@audi.co.uk
tel - 01908 601303

Reactions: Jcbmally
Wasn't from Hyde was it? They seem to be "junk tier" had 2 vehicles from there and both had mechanical problems. Warranty covered them except they refused to just fix it, had to go back and forth to do so...decided to never buy another vehicle from Hyde.

That said I bought my old b9 a5 from Nottingham and a few months later the heater matrix failed completely (in snow season, no hot air!!!). The Chester branch took care of me properly, but you don't really expect a 6 month old car to fail so drastically!!!

Mate do what I did and go straight to the top! And name names.

Send him an email and tell him about your experience/complaint. I'm sure he will not be happy they are ignoring you. I ended up being given a brand new R8 for the day as a 'sorry'.

Managing Director of Audi UK
Andrew Doyle
andrew.doyle@audi.co.uk
tel - 01908 601303
Best approach I’ve found is to email Dealer Group CEO rather than Audi UK. Ask them to assist to get a resolution as this is something in there gift to deliver with a call / email.

I used this approach with a large dealership where the local dealer wouldn’t engage and it was resolved same day. LinkedIn and Google is a great tool for finding the right person.

Best approach I’ve found is to email Dealer Group CEO rather than Audi UK. Ask them to assist to get a resolution as this is something in there gift to deliver with a call / email.

I used this approach with a large dealership where the local dealer wouldn’t engage and it was resolved same day. LinkedIn and Google is a great tool for finding the right person.
Thanks, this worked a treat