problems with 2.5tdi

JimLoskot

Reaction score
My faithfull 2.5tdi quattro is starting to show a few problems. In low gears (especially 2nd) when the revs are about 2k you can't hold a constant speed, the revs and the speed fluctuate up and down slightly. Does this mean there is a problem with the turbo? Got a few jobs to do on it including cleaning the egr valve and in the inlet maniflod.
Also got some oil spray around the drivers side intercooler and pipework so will be looking into maybe a split hose when I get the front bumper off
Any thoughts much appreciated

Edit: its also due a service and timing belt change very soon

Last edited:
My faithfull 2.5tdi quattro is starting to show a few problems. In low gears (especially 2nd) when the revs are about 2k you can't hold a constant speed, the revs and the speed fluctuate up and down slightly. Does this mean there is a problem with the turbo? Got a few jobs to do on it including cleaning the egr valve and in the inlet maniflod.
Also got some oil spray around the drivers side intercooler and pipework so will be looking into maybe a split hose when I get the front bumper off
Any thoughts much appreciated

Edit: its also due a service and timing belt change very soon

If you travel down to london i could help out with your problems. The cambelt is quite involved job and the parts are expensive. Drop us a pm or call me on 077 899 12128 and we can chat a bit more... Regards, Chris.

Thanks for your reply Chris.
Will send you a pm when I get a minute, got the car in bits atm.
Do you think the speed/rev problem about 2k revs will be anything easy to fix/diagnose (MAF? engine breather? EGR? etc...)