Problems opening the booth lid on a Sportback '06

storian

Reaction score
Hi
Opening the boot lid is proving a bit tricky lately. Sometimes it opens sometimes it is not, mostly it's not opening and it is very frustrating. Usually when you squeeze the under of the lip you hear a noise and than you life but in my case when squeeze is applied nothing happens. I was wondering if that has happened to some of you guys and is it a fix or new boot mechanism is needed?
Thanks

I had a similar problem on my 06 sportback and I never got to the bottom of what was happening although I did get around it.

If you walk up to the car with it locked and hit the unlock button either once or twice depending on what opens all doors does that then allow you to open the boot (it did with me)

My issue was once I drove it and the doors auto locked when I stopped and got out all doors apart from the boot would unlock and that rendered the boot button on the boot lid inactive.

As my issue only came about after the doors auto locked once driven off I used VCDS to turn this feature off so my boot like my doors is always unlocked until I lock the car with the remote