Problem with child lock malfunction

craig20102010

Reaction score
I got into the car today and had a message saying child lock malfunction. It stayed on untill i pressed the child lock button and then it went away. Assuming it had been sorted I thought no more of it. Then leaving work it came on again when I started the car. I pressed the button and it went away. Got home and thought I'd try the door and it won't open from the outside.

I can get the door to open by pulling the leaver inside and then I can open it from outside so I think the motor may have gone maybe?

When I lock the door I can hear a funny noise from that door like it's sticking. Then the doors locked and I'm back to square one and it won't unlock from the outside again until I pull the inside handle..

Any ideas what part may have gone or what might of happened and what I'm looking at cost for the part?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sounds like the lock itself is malfunctioning & tbh best to buy new from audi as used or aftermarket arent reliable & peace of mind.

Whereabouts are you located.

Sounds like the lock itself is malfunctioning & tbh best to buy new from audi as used or aftermarket arent reliable & peace of mind.

Whereabouts are you located.
I'm located in Billingham the northeast. It may be the lock also. Annoying like never had any lock go on any of the cars iv owned. Wil this be another item that needs to be programmed to the car as well?

I can hear the lock or something functioning when I press the child lock on the driver's door but the door it's self doesn't unlock but it will lock when I press lock on the keyfob.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

This video describes exactly whats happening in my car and why i can open it the way i can and why it wont open when i press the unlock button on my key or car door.

im still no further forward with this issue. Iv not had any time to investigate it further but i am getting the car serviced by Audi in the next week so ill be asking them if they have any ideas what the cause could be if they will be willing to tell me.

Has anyone else come across this yet?

Like i said in the previous post i think its whats been described in the video but i cant be too sure just yet.

Problem resolved.

Changed the lock for one from a breakers yard and the car opens as normal.