1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Problem with back brake light

Tony5496 Jun 28, 2014

1. Tony5496

Tony5496 Registered User

Good morning all just wondered if someone could help me I've got a problem with my back brake lights on driver-side 1.8 T The problem is an intermittent one it works okay then on the dashboard it comes up with The bulb is out so I check it and its correct is out and then I go along the road The dashboard light goes off displaying the buld and the brake light is back on ?? and is working again very strange any help would be appreciated many thanks

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. pauldazzle

pauldazzle Registered User

Had the same thing on my Avant recently. Check for moisture in the bulb holder wiring connector.

4. kellogz

kellogz Registered User

Having same with mine same side as n when it feels like it, all 3 intermittently fall over separately and all together!!

5. Tony5496

Tony5496 Registered User

Yes it's so annoying it's driving me mad sometimes it works and sometimes it does not :(

6. demus

demus Fire in the hole..

Take the bulbs out and clean contacts and bulbs with a fine scotchbrite or something, just intermittent connections

7. kellogz

kellogz Registered User

IMAG1632.jpg Just took light off found this on closer inspection! Anyone no part number rear left b7 estate??

8. cnut

cnut Registered User

That sounds to me light your brake light switch needs replacing, VCDS should confirm this. Mine has just started playing up and the other night there was a bright red glow outside my house, it was my car with it's brake lights stuck on! Not good for the battery!