problem with audi a4 b6

studly69

Reaction score
i need some help guys got a wobble on front end passenger side drive up to about 40 and you can feel it slightly then when put foot doot you can feel it really badly ive changed drive shafts on both sides done top arms bottom arms track rod end even clutch but no fly wheel the bloke ion the garage said it was ok oh and done gear box mount bought new engine mount with the sensor going on tomorrow

Wheel balance or a bent wheel try put
Front wheel to the back and back to the front and see if it goes away

Wheel balance or a bent wheel try put
Front wheel to the back and back to the front and see if it goes away
done all that even tried another set of wheels and still no change

wheel bearing ?
warped disc ?

If it was a bearing wouldn't you normally get a whining noise and could a disc do that

dont always get whining , could get a rumble but these seem to be very good at noise absorption, if the caliper has stuck a little and heated the disc up ,the disc will warp and yes it will cause a serious wobble.Can you feel the wobble when braking through the brake pedal ? sorta like the pedal is being pumped slightly by an invisible hand.

Don't feel it through peddle just through steering wheel and that it comes through the left hand side

Does sound wheel bearing ish, no they don't always whine, I've had one on another car that lumped around corners, heard and felt through the steering when driving slowly. Drove fine at 60 around corners...

You checked the track rod and also maybe the drop links if you have it's got to be wheel bearing

As someone said wheel bearing well that's bin changed and no different I have notice no and again when put foot down I get a flat spot for about a second then goes don't know whether they are joined in any way

Well I've just done engine mount even tho ive just getting over the flu lol has dampened down a bit but still vibrating there's nothing else left to change on that side any more ideas

Is it a quattro? I jave alot of road noise but been told its a quattro thing. What about gearbox mount?

Haven't tried it with out esp yet I try it today and it front wheel drive road noise could be ****** tyres you might want to check them

Ive had 2 sets now lol.got 2 sets of wheels.gearbox mount...though ive read a few times that the electronic engine mount causes a few vibration issues.is that the one you did?

Yes it is just waiting for other side to turn up engine feels better now on start up and when turn off

Just bin out in car and vibration had gone then it came back don't no what's going on