Problem with 2013 A3 TDI 2L alarm

Charlotte97

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I’m new to this site but am desperate for help if anyone has experienced this problem before with their Audi, I would be very grateful.
Over the last week, my Audi A3 alarm will not stop going off when it is at my home address. It is fine for about four hours after I get home, which may be coincidental, and then the alarm starts. After I turn it off, the alarm keeps going off more often in frequency until I move it, which I have been doing so as not to annoy the neighbours anymore than I must have done already! I have no idea what’s caused this to suddenly start, the only change I have noticed is a 2014 Skoda is now parked opposite my driveway, but I don’t see how this could be the cause.
I took the car to a garage and it showed as having five alarm faults, which they wiped, but this has not solved the problem.
I have also tried using the button in the drivers door to stop the internal motion alarm.
Having had the car for 3 months this is a new but annoying problem, for my neighbours probably more than me!
Has anyone experienced this problem and have any advice or can anyone please give me some suggestions?
If not, is there anyway I can disable the alarm? I’m thinking of temporarily unplugging the siren, but is there any fuse or anything I can take out to stop the alarm working completely, lights and siren? I really am not fussed about the car having a functioning alarm as it is always parked securely.

Thank you for any advice in advance,
Charlotte