problem after problem :( need help

mr-bongo

Reaction score
okay so bought my car (a3 8l 2000 1.8t agu) about 6 months ago within 2 months the clutch went and did the g60 vr6 conversion all went well other than breaking the gearbox mount and all in all cost me 199 squid inc bracket, just spent 80 quid on service parts and tools and been having the RED oil pressure warning for a couple months being a fool thought it ment low oil untill tonight i put in the exact amount of oil and still showed so i searched it and realised my nearly fatal error my engine has worked perfectley the whole time since the light has been on theres no funny head noises, sounds and runs fine do you think its more than likeley blocked pickup rather than whole pump if it dosent seem to have starvation issues or is the pump just loosing pressure constantly,

going to have a quote on parts tomorrow for oil pump but i have very little money at the moment as im learning to drive and have had all cash outgoing on my dumb broken car which also has a boost leak due to dv and pancake valve and a broken crank case breather valve which im isolating to catch can atmosphere vent to save buying new pv and crankcase breather valve

need help asap i know that im going to have to replace the oil and also take the sump off to even have a look at the pump/pickup is it worth the risk or shal i jst replace the lot, wheres a cheap place to get these?

help will be much appreciated

I had the same problem last week wondering to change the pump or not, if I was you I would drop the sump and tqke the pickup pipe off and inspect it, shne a light down it and if its blocked clean it and it will be fine, if its not blocked then I would change the pump, more than likely just the pickup

cheers mate i ordered the new pickup going to get it today and i did another engine flush over night, when i drained some of the oil it came out just as black as the first oil change it had only been in there a day :eek: and this was before the flush haha, im also going to take the rocker cover off clean it and maybe oil filter housing,