1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(Problem) 2010 1.8TFSI Avant

TomEB8 Jun 14, 2018

1. TomEB8

TomEB8 New Member

Hello All,

I purchased a 2010 Audi A4 1.8TFSI Avant with 55k on the clock 3 months ago. Since i picked the car up it has been into the garage several times regarding the EML light.

So far they have changed the turbo actuator sensor around 2 months ago and changed the lambda sensor last Thursday. All seemed well until the EML light came on again yesterday. The car does not drive any different, nor does the MPG drop/increase (according to the computer). Every time the garage change a part they assure me the problem is resolved, but obviously not.

So I guess my question is, has anyone had this problem before? Or does anyone have any clues as to what it could be?

Many Thanks

Tom

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Roadrunner146

Roadrunner146 Active Member Team Moonlight TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Supercharged Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group

You need to get it scanned for fault codes.

4. JRock247

JRock247 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User MQB Platform Deep Black Pearl

Have the garage actually scanned the car to see what faults show up?

This should be the first step ANY garage takes when diagnosing problems.

Do you know anyone who has VCDS or OBDeleven who can come and scan the car for you? (may cost you some beer tokens)

Check the VCDS map here and see if anyone is local to you.

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/pages/VCDS-Map/