1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facelift Prob the most expensive facelift rs3 sportback here...

HawJ Jul 10, 2017

1. HawJ

HawJ New Member

I placed my order on 21st of June, 63,340GBP after all...[​IMG]

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Bristle Hound likes this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Simonb1975

Simonb1975 Guest

Could this be the worlds first 63k a3. Insane but if it floats your boat...

jassyo06 likes this.
  4. Leo-RS

Leo-RS Well-Known Member

Is this a UK based order or an order based in China and then converted through the exchange rate system? (Where GBP is at historical lows btw)

The RS3 starts at 100k AUD in Australia, 80k EUR's in the Netherlands, 70k EUR in Ireland, all before options are added. Norway I suspect will be even more expensive but not sure what country will have the highest prices.

Seems that the US get the best deals, UK isn't too far behind and then everywhere else more expensive. (In relation to exchange rates anyway)

5. Deluxo

Deluxo Member

As leo says, Dutch prices are insane, in my eyes this is cheap as hell haha

6. HawJ

HawJ New Member

Hi guys... it's actually an uk order.. order placed in audi U.K dealer. Because this car is fully loaded, basically all the options are picked including ceramic brakes etc.. probably chose too much since those extras don't give me any resale value..
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  7. HawJ

HawJ New Member

[​IMG]

Bristle Hound likes this.
  8. HawJ

HawJ New Member

Hi Leo, its an UK order, but fully loaded..

9. Leo-RS

Leo-RS Well-Known Member

Okay, then yes, you probably will have the most expensive specced RS3. That is a hell of a spec, I hope you got some discount for ordering all that. I think the only way you could top it is by opting for an exclusive colour.

10. Ozmosis

Ozmosis Well-Known Member Team Sepang Sportback Audi RS3 quattro S tronic

Hope you find somewhere to test that speed limit raise! £1600 is a lot of dosh for it not to be used!

45bvtc and Evotion like this.
  11. terminator x

terminator x Well-Known Member Team Nardo Team V6 Audi RS4

Especially as the standard car goes through the limit in 6th (limiter set in 7th).

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Beebee-one and Evotion like this.
  12. Avatar

13. HawJ

HawJ New Member

Yes, looking for a 2k-3k off..

14. HawJ

HawJ New Member

Will be tough to find somewhere to test it in the Uk even on the track, may cancel this option ..

AudiNutta and Ozmosis like this.
  15. Steff s3

Steff s3 Well-Known Member Team Nardo Audi RS3

Yep I agree on that,mines came with the option on it (delimited to 174mph) with the RS sports exhaust system.
    Of course I've not even tried to attempt this crazy speed so I'd say it's an option that doesn't need ticking.
    Same with the carbon engine cover,which I've got also.if the bonnet was made of clear Perspex then yea as you would see it, but it isn't so it's hidden.
    So why bother. That's 3k saved there alone nearly.

jassyo06 and Evotion like this.
  16. Ozmosis

Ozmosis Well-Known Member Team Sepang Sportback Audi RS3 quattro S tronic

As has been said earlier, maybe use that £1600 towards an exclusive colour? Glacier White is £550 anyway ;)

17. Evotion

Evotion The Greed For Speed Team Mythos TFSI Owners Group Audi RS3 S tronic

63K ro an A3! ... WTF. I'd expect a mechanism to pop-out and tickle my balls whilst driving for that price! :)

Great spec tho. The brakes are the main cost culprit. Sensible for track days.

Blimey, just had a thought.. You are bound to modify this car which overall might take it into the cost of an RS6!

Ozmosis, Bristle Hound and AudiNutta like this.
  18. Beebee-one

Beebee-one Well-Known Member Team Glacier Audi RS3

Hmmmmmm, doesn't look too much different to my 8V - An absolute bargain it seems at £51K list.
    Didn't pay that for it though as I haggled a good dealer contribution which got around £4K off - no chance of achieving anywhere near that on the new ones at the moment ( I have tried). Can't even get a test drive sorted yet either.

[​IMG]

19. Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound Moderator Staff Member Moderator MQB Platform

@HawJ - :wtf: £63k ? Thats brave buddy :respekt:, but none the less congrats !
    @Evotion - Got to be quote of the week that one !
    PMSL !

Joe4842 and Evotion like this.
  20. AudiNutta

AudiNutta Well-Known Member Team Racing Blue Mica Sportback Audi RS3 quattro

There aren't any in the UK yet to be driven. I don't know of one sat anywhere either! Ordered one and not seen it so I am desperate to.

21. royalsteve68

royalsteve68 Well-Known Member TeamMisano Team Ara Blue Audi S3 Audi RS3

£63.4k for an a3 is just nuts, limiter and engine cover are pointless. Ceramic brakes are poinless on the road too. Saved you near 7.5k already

I thought pre sense was in one of the packages. What's even crazier is it doesn't include an exclusive paint. If you are spending that much I hope you are placing a huge deposit of over 10k

jassyo06 and Simonb1975 like this.
  22. Beebee-one

Beebee-one Well-Known Member Team Glacier Audi RS3

Fit a set of these Alcons or the Tom Wrigley ones + calipers that TX has on his car and save the cash on the ceramics too! With a good set of pads (but defo not the OEM ones) such as Ferodo DS Performance you will have vastly superior brakes over the steel wavy standard set up.

IMG_2841.JPG

23. HawJ

HawJ New Member

Thanks mate. I totally agree with you, most of the extras might be useless but it is kinda habitual to me... all my cars are fully loaded

24. HawJ

HawJ New Member

Thanks For the suggestion. I had some thoughts on the exclusive color but eventually did not go for it . I quite like the white with some black accents, had similar combination on my old lambo...

Ozmosis likes this.
  25. HawJ

HawJ New Member

Yeh... had several rides on rs6 and really enjoy it but would still go for a rs3 regardless of the price. We all know the narrow twisty road in the UK... sometimes a fast hot hatch is all you need

sve170 and terminator x like this.
  26. HawJ

HawJ New Member

Yeh to have the same exterior it only costs around 1.5k I believe...

27. HawJ

HawJ New Member

Appreciate for the suggestion, will have a look on it :)

28. HawJ

HawJ New Member

Hi Steve you don't need 10k to place that order. I agree with you on the limiter and engine cover, epically when they do not change anything and even hard to notice... but I personally do prefer the ceramic brakes especially when u quite used to it

29. Radman

Radman Well-Known Member Team Sepang Audi RS3 Audi A4 Black Edition

By all accounts the sports exhaust isn't really either

30. D0C

D0C Well-Known Member Team Nardo Team Panther Audi RS3 TTRS

Meaning the sports exhaust isn't worth the money?!

31. terminator x

Fair play for posting this up fella. If you have the money do it, why not after all.

TX.

32. AudiNutta

That's fair enough, but when it comes to spending money purely for the sake of it like the speed limiter its silly! I'd look closer at a car with the limiter removed as it only tells you one thing.....

Radman likes this.
  33. Avatar

34. Evotion

I love your spec really. If one can afford it then the Carbon bay and delimited makes you feel more special when driving it, knowing you have the best of the best. I COMPLETELY get this. It is however only a state of mind perhaps only ever understood by the well off. Certainly, I would have been aghast at this is my younger days when I was not in my current position.

I would go further as you have a white car - immediately do all the power mods, take it up to about 550HP and then do the famous San Remo livery on it. That way, call me flash :), everybody knows you have something special... probably 2K for the wrap.

HB_Audi_1984_RALLYE_SANREMO_03[1].jpg

Spaceman_RS3 likes this.
  35. Evotion

Sorry, am a rally fan and get carried away :)

The more I look at that car, the more I want it. I can't afford a Group B SWB Quattro but I have a suspicion this would look the Dogs Danglies on an RS3.

Spaceman_RS3 likes this.
  36. Radman

Radman Well-Known Member Team Sepang Audi RS3 Audi A4 Black Edition

No. Definitely need it, apparently not as brutal as the PFL exhaust.

37. Evotion

I don't understand the logic of Audi making the FL RS3 less animalistic, less loud and brutal, when in full sports mode.

They MUST know that the overall sound and the sports exhaust sounds in Dynamic mode are a massive attraction to the marque.
    Any buyer who does not want this, simple does not choose the sports exhaust and keeps it in Comfort mode.
    Strange decision - if true - not heard the new car myself but will get a drive in one to find out.

38. terminator x

@Evotion we all commented on how loud it was back in 2015 and the consensus seemed to be that Audi may have "got away with it" to be corrected next time eg now. The FL will still be great just not as loud as the PFL. Some people will like that of course.

TX.

39. Evotion

Cool. Even more excited to get my sports exhaust fitted! :)

40. Steff s3

So a car with the limiter removed only tells you one thing!!! and what is that exactly?

41. AudiNutta

No need to put that across so aggressively?

95% of people would only raise that limiter because they intend on doing it enough for it to be worthwhile.

42. Steff s3

It wasn't put across as anything bud,just a question to your comment.
    I disagree with you on that one,mines was an Audi uk car for management so it was proberly specked with this for that reason.but I could be wrong.
    Still quicker than yours will be lol

jassyo06 and AudiNutta like this.
  43. Simonb1975

Simonb1975 Guest

As long as theres an Audi badge, people will buy it even if it sounds like a cat farting :whistle2:

Steff s3 likes this.