private plate

carl310166

Reaction score
if any of you have bought a private plate,was it personal to you,or you car?

my plate was a combination of the car,and my wife's name.

obviously with your own name,you will keep the plate when selling on,so it will stay with you,but if it's applicable to the car,it's no use keeping it,so is it worth buying one like that? if anybody has,do you think it added value to the vehicle when you sold it?

any thoughts on this?

[ QUOTE ]
carlosthejackal said:
if any of you have bought a private plate,was it personal to you,or you car?

my plate was a combination of the car,and my wife's name.

obviously with your own name,you will keep the plate when selling on,so it will stay with you,but if it's applicable to the car,it's no use keeping it,so is it worth buying one like that? if anybody has,do you think it added value to the vehicle when you sold it?

any thoughts on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im getting R** JBR in a couple of months. Can use this on future cars too.

Rich

is it because it's your company?

or will you always have a JBR performance modified car?

i am relitavely new here,so be patient.

thanks

Mine is H5 + my initials and my wife has a matching H5 + here initials. I bought mine when the DVLA first allowed you to buy new plates that had never been issued and matched the current issuing year (H) in August 1990.

Obviously our plates are personal to us and we will keep them and transfer them to each car we own. Mine has so far been on 5 Audis and a Golf VR6 and my wife's on Polos

Dave R (h5djr)

mines an S3 plate and 3 letters that are not my initials.

It came with the car and i never paid a premium for it.

so its nice to have and i wont take it off, and will sell it with the car but i wouldnt have bought one if it didnt come with one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mark

so i take most of you have ones that are personal to yourselves.

the reason for asking is,i wanted to know people would pay to have a plate like S3 AMD or R54 AMD,because it can only be used for a particular vehicle.

I paid £399 for RS 53 BLU that was on one of my Focus RS's
I sold the car with the plate on.

It got more looks that my other two plates that i own.

21 ND And 22 ND (22nd)