Private plate

Tj 0785

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I've been looking at private plates and I'm stuck between 2
Either s300 Tjs or s3 tjy which do you reckon? considering I'm called tj the 1st one makes more sense but it will make my car look older where as the other is more private plate looking it's just the y is irrelevant to me ( car is a y reg tho) was originally looking for s3tjs/ s3 Tjb. But not available

No bmw for me as it will be going on the s3 and as the misses has accepted the s3 is going nowhere

M0NY P1T

Reactions: tcg, S3JACKSON, Goubo1 and 2 others
Myself and a few other members got S111 ___ regs, mine is S111 KRL. It looks good having it like Roman numerals. And there is more option to have the final 3 digits what you want. Plus, if you change the S3, it won't really look out of place on another car.

d9192b0a49de9b7e1c6d3f2b01e664dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did notice "y0u lo5e" up for auction but my car not fast enough for a plate like that

I have never really warmed to a private plate... I did consider it for the S3 (S3 TFT, SIII TFT etc) but just couldn't bring myself to do it for some reason...

My mate was banging on about how it hides the age of the car etc and I just replied 'why would you want to do that?'... I kinda realised at that point it was a little 'show offy' (I realise this isn't the only reason people get them) for me and gave up thinking about it...

I did however consider changing my name to my registration... as that seemed easier :)

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Nilz
I used to have A8 SBX spaced out and using a screw cap to AB SB X (my wife and my initials) - on a 1986 Volvo 740 - but I go through cars so often I was constantly paying for a transfer fee (£80 I think) and retention (£25 a year) in between cars etc - then the law changed regarding spacing - so I had to change the plate before and after every MOT.

there has been a yellow 635csi <-- I think with ORAL69 <-- or similar in about 1986 and a Rolls Royce with SAY 51R around our way

problem with cherished plates is if you want to keep it - an S3 one looks silly on an S4 if you change cars or a CYA L8R looks silly on a Skoda

I have never really warmed to a private plate... I did consider it for the S3 (S3 TFT, SIII TFT etc) but just couldn't bring myself to do it for some reason...

My mate was banging on about how it hides the age of the car etc and I just replied 'why would you want to do that?'... I kinda realised at that point it was a little 'show offy' (I realise this isn't the only reason people get them) for me and gave up thinking about it...

I did however consider changing my name to my registration... as that seemed easier :)

<tuffty/>
tbh I have always thought the same but it was offered to me as a gift so I thought why not plus the amount of money the cars going to cost might as personalise it a bit

problem with cherished plates is if you want to keep it - an S3 one looks silly on an S4 if you change cars or a CYA L8R looks silly on a Skoda

I get your point but I don't plan on getting rid of the s3 with the amount it's going to cost me to get it where I want. But for what ever reason if I did get rid of it I would let the plate go with the car unless I got another s3

S3 TJY is the best one. And it does fit you because your name could be Tee Jay so TJY kind of works.

S600 BLL on my Audi S6 because i could (and it hides my old old car age to an extent)
L30N CT on my tfsi leon (it came with that one)

I think I'm going with s3 tjy mainly because the the s300 Tj's Makes the car look slightly older. Hopefully il have it next week

not sure about older but S300 looks lots cheaper than S3

S300 one is twice the price of the s3 plate I would of thought other way round

I have S3 VWV on retention if anyone's looking!? Came on the car, but I took it off

that is weird... isn't it?

I think mine was £250 in 1996 <-- I expect that was the minimum - what is quite useful is the original plate was always the default selected when swapping back but that is not guaranteed by the DVLA.

Probably because it says TJ's (TJs S3)as opposed to TJ with an irrelevant Y at the end. I've been looking recently too. But for my common name, they are silly money or nothing available that I'd be happy with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk