Price S3

hus

Reaction score
hi all,

Finally looking at buying an S3. I've been quoted £31,895 for a factory order. Anyone recently purchased one at a good discounted rate due to current climate & can tell me how much I can expect to get off the price?

Also what extras are worthwhile and which aren't?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

In todays climate you should be getting a fantastic deal, at least 10% i'd say. Best thing to do is get a few dealers fighting over the business

upto 10%, dont be limited to your local stealer mate, go as far afield as poss as they are falling over themselves for 30k orders, easily save few grand on new S3 fella.

RNS no as retrofit
folding/dimming mirrors yes cause are lower price & wouldnt be without
bluetooth no as retro
bucket seats upto you as no cheaper retro
fbmfsw well they are like £4-500 retro so if more from stealers then no
heated seats if cheap yes otherwise I've hardly used
coming home yes
xenon adaptives yes if optional
not full leather as middles better with alcantara or speed fabric cause summer stick to & winter to cold
oh parking assist yes if cheap
ipod **** & cd changer no cause SD cards work very well
magnetic ride no
tyre pressure yes,

urm what else??

I'd say 10% is realistic...... no less than 8.5% really.
I've heard of TT-S with £6k off the ticket price, never mind what's left for haggling when you get to deal discussions.
As mentioned before, don't be afraid to shop around - they will deliver the car to you (in a Lorry) if they want your business.
Best bet is to find a good internet deal... that is your starting point...!

Very well said & exactly my thoughts, stealers are now starting to see that if you want volume sales you have to be realistic on prices, as I always say rather sell 100 for lesser price than few at full price.

Hi guys,

Has anyone considered importing a car from Germany? I am not familiar with local regulations but that is what I did. I got 10% discount from a very decent dealer and also saved on taxes importing the car as a used one.

hi all,

Finally looking at buying an S3. I've been quoted £31,895 for a factory order. Anyone recently purchased one at a good discounted rate due to current climate & can tell me how much I can expect to get off the price?

Also what extras are worthwhile and which aren't?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

The easiest way I found was to use autobytel. They will put your information and spec around and then the calls will start. Just let them all fight it out untill you are happy with the price. With regard to the spec I agree (although I spec'd mine with it) RNSE cheaper to retrofit. All come with fbmfsw std now, heated seats std. Bucket seats are an expensive opton, but I would say a must unless you are going to fit after market.

The easiest way I found was to use autobytel. They will put your information and spec around and then the calls will start. Just let them all fight it out untill you are happy with the price. With regard to the spec I agree (although I spec'd mine with it) RNSE cheaper to retrofit. All come with fbmfsw std now, heated seats std. Bucket seats are an expensive opton, but I would say a must unless you are going to fit after market.

Autobytel is a front for the Inchape group. All they do is call the nominated dealer. There is no fighting about it there. I have used them for a couple of car purchases. You will see some of their current offers are for cars registered by today - end of qtr. In theory Autoebid will get dealers bidding for your business. Not used them though.

I'd say 10% is realistic...... no less than 8.5% really.
I've heard of TT-S with £6k off the ticket price, never mind what's left for haggling when you get to deal discussions.
As mentioned before, don't be afraid to shop around - they will deliver the car to you (in a Lorry) if they want your business.
Best bet is to find a good internet deal... that is your starting point...!

The TTS is for sale at Aylesbury. Not sure if they will offer the same deal tomorrow as its end of qtr. It is a TTRS though with too many options. If it had been close to basic they wouldnt offer this. Car is a launch car they have had for a while.

I would agree that 8-10% should be realistic.

upto 10%, dont be limited to your local stealer mate, go as far afield as poss as they are falling over themselves for 30k orders, easily save few grand on new S3 fella.

RNS no as retrofit
folding/dimming mirrors yes cause are lower price & wouldnt be without
bluetooth no as retro
bucket seats upto you as no cheaper retro
fbmfsw well they are like £4-500 retro so if more from stealers then no
heated seats if cheap yes otherwise I've hardly used
coming home yes
xenon adaptives yes if optional
not full leather as middles better with alcantara or speed fabric cause summer stick to & winter to cold
oh parking assist yes if cheap
ipod **** & cd changer no cause SD cards work very well
magnetic ride no
tyre pressure yes,

urm what else??

Not sure why you wouldnt spec bluetooth from the off. I love the factory fit item even if its not as good as in the new A4.

Totally agree on the leather. Std black looks more like Vinyl and the Alcantara is great -had it in my old S3.

Mag Ride - not sure on this. Had it on my old TTS and it was only really for the track. Not sure how good it will be on the S3

Had a wander down to 2 garages today. Trying to part-x my Navara but they are offering a stupid price of 8k inc vat (bought it 2 yrs ago for 27K! & should be worth about 11k + vat at least so hence why I'm trying to cut the price down on the stealers side!

A spec'd S3 of £31850, one garage went down to 29k without too much effort so gonna try somewhere else and beat that. The guy didn't know what he was talking about... asked about the bucket seats & he asked me if I would be using the back seats. Well of course I would otherwise I'd buy a 2-seater sports car for half the money! He said then I'd have a problem as the seats don't fold forward which I thought was weird... & what did I find... a button to fold the bucket's backrest forward. The muppet looked shocked... I wonder how many sales of bucket seats he's lost. After that I ignored all the crap that came out his mouth!

I've read about buying the sat nav on ebay for £500, but hada look & couldn't find any?

Also, are the swivelling headlights worth their cost?

Thanks for all the help!!!