Preventative mods

Bob R

Reaction score
I've had my 2009 S3 Sportback a couple of weeks and enjoying it.
It has FASH but I'm wondering is there any common problems that occur and any preventative measures I should take to avoid problems. The car is standard.

Also there is a tick/tapping sound coming from the offside front of the engine if anyone has any ideas ?

Thanks

Bet your loving the car mate! Usual things to watch out for is the diverter valve seals perishing and splitting, pcv valve giving up, checking cam follower every 10,000 miles (every service) ticking noise is very normal on this engine, they are a little tractorish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: VAG_Club001
But they go slightly quicker than a tractor ;)

Reactions: Cambaines
Bet your loving the car mate! Usual things to watch out for is the diverter valve seals perishing and splitting, pcv valve giving up, checking cam follower every 10,000 miles (every service) ticking noise is very normal on this engine, they are a little tractorish!

Assuming the engine is a 2.0tfsi?
What engine have you got bud?

Many thanks