Preventative Maintenance

baz1985

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I was wondering whether anyone has any recommendations for undertaking some additional work alongside the LongLife Service my MY07 8P2 3.2 S tronic is due? It is at 55k/4yrs old. All standard + KW V3.

It had Spark Plugs, Haldex Oil and Filter and DSG Oil and Filter, Brake Fluid, Brake Disc/pads all-round, Full Air Con service, New wiper blades all done at 40k/14months ago

It always gets a LongLife Service, Brake Fluid Change, Wiper Blades done at each service.

Any thoughts on some more additional stuff?

New rear droplinks (I know they’re gone)….any other suspension stuff that might be worth looking at?
Replace air filter (had it done at last AVS @ 36k )
Replace fuel filter
Replace all coilpacks
Replace battery

I am a bit worried about the timing chain/tensioners…..is this an engine out job or can you change the tensioners in situ? (There was a thread on Pistonheads a while back……chain finished off the engine!) Also considering getting the DSG/Haldex stuff again- or would that be pointless?

My car gets new filters all around every 10k with an oil flush amd a throttle body clean and adaptation, I'd also ask your garage to waxoil the underside of your car, it will prevent further rusting

Thanks for your post...very helpful. Yep, I forgot to mention that it's had oil+filter changes in between services too. I've heard of Waxoyl(ing) but thought that was best for older stuff e.g. 993s etc...will ask about that.

I put it on everything, when I got my se I completely stripped it and waxoiled every panel inside and out, like I do with all my cars