1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Preventative Maintenance Audi S3 (BHZ & CDL)

HHS3 Sep 4, 2017

1. dazfern

dazfern Looking for more that tte420

Yes will do pall as soon as finish work later

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. ch1z64

ch1z64 C'mon you's bhoy's in Green Silver Supporter VCDS Map User

:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

4. dazfern

dazfern Looking for more that tte420

Can anyone help me on the purpose of the little pipe on my previous post

Attached Files:

5. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator Platinum Supporter Audi Main Dealer

I’m not overly amused by your attitude either. The guys are all friendly and helpful. @Daveyonthemove only pointed out that it would be better to start a new thread. Your reply was uncalled for. Please remember we have young people reading this forum.

Daveyonthemove and maxpayne like this.
  6. MWright

MWright Registered User

mister.c. likes this.
  7. shah23

shah23 Registered User

Maybe a stupid question but does the Cam Chain come on the FL 8P S3 or both?

8. Joshua Ward

Joshua Ward Registered User

Has anyone replaced their coil ignition pack on a s3 8p with the 'r8' coil pack/ has anyone had any issues relating to stock coil packs.

thanks in advance.

9. MWright

MWright Registered User

I had issues with my stock coils causing misfiring under load 2007 BHZ. They were replaced by the red 'R8' coils as the garage didn't have the standard ones in. No doubt new standard coils would've fixed the issue.

10. ch1z64

ch1z64 C'mon you's bhoy's in Green Silver Supporter VCDS Map User

Many lads use the R8 coils and there have been people with and with out problems but as far as I am awhere good news is the R8 ones are cheaper than stock

11. Niffty9

Niffty9 Guest

Mine is on R8 coil packs. All is good.

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. e9_mustii

e9_mustii Registered User

Apart from it being cheaper than stock as well as a better colour is there a performance benefit?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

14. e9_mustii

Going to service my car soon normal spark plugs u should change ever service or every 10k but what about iridiums are they thw same situ. ? Or will they last longer

15. torquemaster

torquemaster Registered User

Although not common knowledge, the main problem is coming from the ageing of porcelain insulator. Better use Oem NGK as they are cooper core and change them more often.

16. samuelh_888

samuelh_888 Registered User

17. Shady0808

Shady0808 Audi S3 Essex

How do I tell if I need to replace my DV? I had a RamAir intake installed recently and get flutter at high revs, is this an indication?

Also what's the best place to purchase a GFB DV+?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  18. e9_mustii

Goes flutter when u let off or when u gun it ? Plus its only 5o quick just change it as theyre bound to get fked treat it like a spark plug change it every 3 major service or 10k miles etc.

19. Shady0808

Shady0808 Audi S3 Essex

When it reaches the top end just before a shift change, I assumed it to be normal but just wanted to check. Lol yea true, think mine is ok though.

20. spinacz47

spinacz47 Registered User

Hello Guys
    I have a question whether the installation of an oil catch tank would not be a better option for the s3 engine or is it better to replace for new PCV valve?

21. e9_mustii

Yea that just compressor surge much more audible when intake has been changed and when mapped too much is no good but nornal on k04 s3s

22. e9_mustii

Wouldnt bother unless you hyrbid turbo or stage 2+ seem to be chase with most s3s

23. Bryant1998

Bryant1998 Registered User

Currently trying to replace the dipstick and the funnel on my 59 plate S3, got the old stuff off but can’t get the new funnel on? Anyone know how to do it? Or do I need to take inlet manifold off?
    Tried searching on here, other forums and YouTube to no avail... please help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. Bryant1998

Never mind, it’s on, wouldn’t come off easily again and dipstick has oil on the end, before I start the car is there anything to double check to make sure it’s on properly? Not a mechanic so slightly panicky about this stuff haha

25. e9_mustii

Its a bit of a pain and tricky but its should pop back in the same way and no should be it check check you oil level whist you at it if anything is wrong your car will.sound like **** so you know something isnt quite right

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

26. Bryant1998

Nice one mate, I’m sure it’s all good, oils still in there and no oil on driveway so fingers crossed

27. S3Jay

S3Jay Registered User

Does anyone know if 2010 facelift s3 has the issue with oil pick up and the cam follower or was that for older engine revisions?

Thanks

28. Kaine19

Kaine19 Stage 2+ S3 8P now gone. Hello 2016 RS3 :)

They do

S3Jay likes this.
  29. S3Jay

S3Jay Registered User

Thanks mate. All the best

Kaine19 likes this.
  30. nathan williams

nathan williams Registered User

any ideas why i cannot post a new thread? its saying i have spam like content but its just a long post asking for help?

31. Embre

Embre Registered User

I can read in the 1st post that the Cam Chain & Tensioner should be replaced.

I only bought my S3 2012 CDLA, just passed 60k miles.
    Service book signed by audi confirms the toothend belf has been replaced at 50k. No mention on water pump.

Does it mean I should prioritise cam chain and tensioner? Are they failing?

32. Alfachats

Alfachats Registered User

Is it a good idea to replace this or can you simply remove it, clean it up and replace it?

Rog.

33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. e9_mustii

Replace it mate its only 50 quid not worth the time you will spend on cleaning it as its very very fine mesh in my honest opinion

Alfachats likes this.
  35. e9_mustii

Oh and dont forget to buy gasket seal for your sump and make sure u clean all the old **** off with a razor

36. S38P--Joe

S38P--Joe New Member

This thread has been an incredible help for my newly purchased S3. Much appreciated!

samuelh_888 and e9_mustii like this.