1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pressure washer reccomendations please......

Scotty75 Jun 9, 2018

1. Scotty75

Scotty75 Well-Known Member Team Brilliant Black Silver Supporter Audi A3 Sportback S-line owners group Manual

Afternoon folks.

Im on a bit of a tight budget right now but i want to invest in a pressure washer. Ive been using a watering can for rinsing and the two bucket technique for washing our A3. Id really like to be doing snowfoam properly as it seems like the best way to go.

So im fitting the outside tap etc , this weekend and was hoping you guys could recommend pressure washers / snow foamers that arent going to break the bank. In all honesty i dont mind going second hand on Ebay or Amazon.

Thanks in advance.

jassyo06 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. jassyo06

jassyo06 Voodoo Man ! Gold Supporter Audi S3 Black Edition Porsche Voodoo Blue S3 Saloon

It's gotta gotta be the K4 mate @ around £160 wait a few weeks till you can afford it, K2's are junk and very very unreliable l just upgraded from a k2 to a K4 it's bloody awesome bit of kit worth every penny

q5man and Scotty75 like this.
  4. Chris Walton

Chris Walton Active Member Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 Black Edition S-line owners group

I have a Nilfisk. Paid around £100 from Argos about four years ago and never had any problems. I would buy buy it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scotty75 likes this.
  5. Tashfeen

Tashfeen S4 - the smile per mile machine! Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group Team V6 VCDS Map User Team Scuba Supercharged Audi S4 Audi A3 Black Edition quattro

I have been using K2 for almost 4 years now without any issues. I have the full home kit and do front and back patio/ driveway at least once every year. My only issue was the hose reel, which I have bought the six meter one! If it breaks my next purchase will be a K4.

jassyo06, RS4B5 and Scotty75 like this.
  6. Scotty75

Scotty75 Well-Known Member Team Brilliant Black Silver Supporter Audi A3 Sportback S-line owners group Manual

Im guessing the snowfoam kit is sold seperately ?

7. RS4B5

RS4B5 5 pots

8. Tashfeen

Tashfeen S4 - the smile per mile machine! Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group Team V6 VCDS Map User Team Scuba Supercharged Audi S4 Audi A3 Black Edition quattro

Yes, and I have used the Karcher one as well. And shall we say I should not have bought it as you can buy quality ones for similar price.

Scotty75 likes this.
  9. jassyo06

jassyo06 Voodoo Man ! Gold Supporter Audi S3 Black Edition Porsche Voodoo Blue S3 Saloon

I got 3 Karcher k2 pressure washer replaced in one week this time last year they all went up on smoke one after the other , l bought my mother one in February it's been used about 10 times and it's already switching itself on and off.. . A early sign that pump is about to self destruct, if my K4 goes like this l will never buy a Karcher again

Tashfeen and Scotty75 like this.
  10. pxr5

pxr5 Active Member Team Mythos TDi A7 Owner Group Black Edition quattro S-line owners group It's my birthday

Nilifisk C110 or C120. Wait for a deal on Amazon. These things just last and last. Get a 10/15 rubber hose from Qwashers and you're sorted.

DrEskimo and Scotty75 like this.
  11. RAF_S7

RAF_S7 Well-Known Member Team V8 Gold Supporter Team Sepang Audi S7 A7 Owner Group Black Edition

Google “Karcher Outlet” plenty of manufacturer refurbed units going for bargain prices, with warranty.

The K4 is the best of the bunch imho :smiley simmons:

scotty76 and Scotty75 like this.
  12. Avatar

13. scotty76

scotty76 Well-Known Member Team Phantom Audi S4

I have a 12 year old Karcher K3. At the time I spent extra to get a better model which has worked out well for me.

Might be handy:

https://www.karcheroutlet.co.uk/

Scotty75 likes this.
  14. Scotty75

Thanks for the input everyone. I've been looking at the Auto Finesse Snow foam kit , £39.99. Any good ?

15. Scotty75

Think I'll go with the K4 as it goes.

jassyo06 likes this.
  16. Tashfeen

17. Scotty75

jassyo06 and Tashfeen like this.
  18. jassyo06

This was the one l got along with the snow foam it's great value for money Screenshot_20180609-200548.png

q5man likes this.
  19. DrEskimo

DrEskimo Well-Known Member

This x100

Very high quality rubber hose that doesn't kink, and my humble Nilfisk c110 has been going 4yrs and never missed a beat. I even sold the extra accessories that cam with my Nilfisk to fund the qwashers hose.

Pair it with a snow foam bottle off eBay for about £25 and you'll be set.

Oh and you'll be hard pressed to beat BH Auto-foam as a pre-wash. Doesn't create thick suds (since that isn't great for removing dirt...), but it's cleaning ability is up there amongst the best. Very economical too.

pxr5 and Scotty75 like this.
  20. Scotty75

@jassyo06 could you link me to that, pm if necessary please mate.

jassyo06 likes this.
  21. jassyo06

In2detailing.co.uk

22. Scotty75

Thanks mate....... That's the fathers day order going in lol ......

q5man and jassyo06 like this.
  23. jassyo06

Nice one lol Father's day .. Might treat myself as well lol

24. Scotty75

Ha Ha... .. Like you need an excuse mate. Still, be rude not to.

25. Tashfeen

q5man, Scotty75 and jassyo06 like this.
  26. Tashfeen

Ignore my above post. The app didn't refresh and wasn't showing me @jassyo06 's post

jassyo06 likes this.
  27. jassyo06

Aye but at least managed to post the proper link mate l am a numpty when it comes this linking shenanigans lol

Tashfeen and q5man like this.
  28. q5man

q5man Mythos Appreciator Team Mythos TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter quattro Audi Q5

This is the one I have and have had for about 2 years with no issue. Really good foaming action, and is solid unlike previous ones I have used. I use it on my K5, which I have had for about 4 years. Previous K2 was ok, but underpowered. It never broke down, but I decided to upgrade.

Tashfeen likes this.
  29. jassyo06

Get yourself the K4 mate you'll use far less snowfoam than you do with the K2, l can now cover 2 cars with the 1 litre lance bottle "same mix" with the K4 where as before l could only cover one car with produce with the K2

Tashfeen likes this.
  30. q5man

q5man Mythos Appreciator Team Mythos TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter quattro Audi Q5

That does come with 500ml snowfoam which is really good. I have the 5 litre which will last forever! Still have 4+ litres left! It is also sold construction

31. q5man

Looks a good shout, coming with 1L snowfoam, and has the CRUCIAL jassy seal of approval and sign off

Tashfeen and Scotty75 like this.
  32. jassyo06

Hey MINI me . .... . Lol the snow foam lances ie the nozzles/valves are a generic Chinese replica of a original design it's only the bottles design that differs slightly and so does the prices they're a good product l think the real expensive ones have a solid brass design where as the replicas are syn brass

q5man and Tashfeen like this.
  33. Avatar

34. Tashfeen

It is on my wish list, just waiting for a good deal and will pick up one. This month has already been an expensive one; brake upgrade on the S4 and DSG and Stronic box service on S4 and A3 respectively

jassyo06 likes this.
  35. Scotty75

Ouch........ I feel your pain. My A3 is in to the dealership on the 25th for Cambelt change and possibly water pump. Free MOT's for the life of the vehicle though so thats a bonus.

36. jassyo06

Oh dear.. .....the month of May was a very very expensive month for myself mate so I know the feeling l start another contract a week on Monday and will be getting 50% more than l have been getting for the last 3 months so easily recouped what May cost

q5man and Tashfeen like this.
  37. scotty76

scotty76 Well-Known Member Team Phantom Audi S4

This may turn out to be timely. The aforementioned 12 year old K3 decided to malfunction today with water pouring out the base when idle. I've yet to take it apart in the hope it's something simple. If not refurbished K4 here we come!

Tashfeen, q5man and Scotty75 like this.
  38. q5man

Haha, mini me...funny. Think mine is solid brass, very heavy, and thread goes green from snow foam chems

39. jassyo06

Bet ye it isn't brass lol

40. Tashfeen

That's awesome mate, welldone on the new contract! I want to go on a holiday and relax a little. It has been manic (and somewhat toxic) at work and I haven't taken a proper holiday in the last two years. I have taken a day here and there but not a proper break. And everytime I think about a holiday an expense or a bill is waiting there for me .

41. jassyo06

Just by reading yer post ye sound knackered mate lol

Tashfeen likes this.
  42. q5man

Would have to ask our resident alchemist @Bristle Hound to analyse and verify, but who cares, works better than any snowfoam lance I have ever had.
    The karcher ones are particularly cr*p lol

jassyo06 likes this.
  43. q5man

I know the feeling @Tashfeen, apart from a night here or there, last "holiday" was a week in Wales with 3 teenage boys, 2 x dogs and outlaws last August. Not exactly a break!. But....missus has been through a lot over the last couple months, as have I I suppose, so we are looking to get away in the coming weeks. On a seperate but related point, looking to do a nice trip with boys around Xmas time, but want somewhere warm. Any recommendations, apart from obvious Cape Town etc. One option that time of year could be Cape Verde. Expecting a few options from our resident holiday taker @jassyo06 :rockwoot:

jassyo06 likes this.