Pressed plates

SI-W85, on another note, where did you get your bmw to audi wheel adapters, and is the centre bore on x5 wheels the same as our b8's?

I haven't received them yet but I ordered them a week ago they should be here this week hopefully but they are been made by G23 engineering 5x112 to 5x120 66.5 to 72.5 18mm rear 25mm front, if I have done my sums correct that should be a nice flush fitment, I have been on the phone today to wheel detail who are painting the rims for me and he is going to do a few paint spray outs for me to go and check out on Tuesday for the rite colour as I may be having a tiny bit of a flake in them to get a nice shine.

I haven't received them yet but I ordered them a week ago they should be here this week hopefully but they are been made by G23 engineering 5x112 to 5x120 66.5 to 72.5 18mm rear 25mm front, if I have done my sums correct that should be a nice flush fitment, I have been on the phone today to wheel detail who are painting the rims for me and he is going to do a few paint spray outs for me to go and check out on Tuesday for the rite colour as I may be having a tiny bit of a flake in them to get a nice shine.

I've got the chance of an x5 set, different design from yours, 9" front et48 & 10" rears et45, really interested in them, can you pm me the price of your adapters, if you don't mind, so that I can do my sums. Also do you think G23 would supply me a set like yours?
Cheers mate.
John G.

That's the same offset as mine, do you mean the tiger claw X5 rims? Ill pm ya pal.

Thanks for all your info mate.

Anytime John that's what this forum bumf is all about rite? :) as I said hopefully will have my adaptors this week and my wheels painted up so I can test fit them again before I order tyres I will know for sure then if I did my calculations rite and ordered the correct width adaptors lol

Reactions: RS5 JON
How do standard plates look in the UK?...

In Denmark all cars has pressed plates. You can't choose anything else.

No, just stating a fact!

Maybe but you seemed to be all bothered by it, all he said was it was lame that the spacing couldn't be altered which in my opinion it is silly what difference does it make where the space is? As long as you aren't trying to change the look of any character you should be aloud to slightly change the spacing do you not think?

Last edited:
Reactions: RS5 JON and Macdoon
Big gun & little gun lol need some more pressed plates for hilux I think as the spacing difference is annoying me now haha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 197
How do standard plates look in the UK?...

In Denmark all cars has pressed plates. You can't choose anything else.

Years ago in UK, plates were either aluminium with thick plastic letters fixed to them, then they changed to pressed aluminium plates, then, when we fell in line with EU and started to use white backgrounds on front plates and yellow backgrounds on rear plates, all plates were made using a thick clear plastic body on to the back of which was stuck either a white or yellow background which had the letters/numbers, in black stuck onto. These "brilliant" plates end up quickly de-laminating and so look nasty quickly and cause trouble at MOT time. Only one good aspect to UK plates, you can clean them easily!

How do you guys fit them on the rear without screwing them on. I don't know about the B7 but my B8 has a black rubberised surface on the boot where the plate rests onto. The sticky tape I have, I consider it to be very strong tape, and it won't stick onto this rubber thing, so I ended up screwing my rear one on, but I have standard plastic plates.

Have bought a set of metal pressed ones and don't want to be drilling into the rear one if I can help it

This is what my boot looked like before I attached mine Aaron, I just used 3m tape and it hasn't moved! :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1412920036723.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1412920036723.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 195
It will have a foam rectangle on it just pull it off and make sure you clean it up real well, use good number plate sticky back strips and get 4 on each plate vertical and go close to the edge of the plate with them should stick like s**t to a blanket

Reactions: RS5 JON and Brennan
Yeah as said. I removed the rubber beneath the original plate, and used 3mm. I bought some from halfords without realising that I got some with my plates, so there's plenty on there. Months down the line it hasn't moved at all. Just make sure both surfaces are clean and dust/dirt free

How do people remove the rubber, does it just pull off and then clear the adhesive behind it?

Sorry to dig up an old thread. Just wondered what the lifespan of these plates is? Love the look of them but how long before they look scruffy and need replacing?

Sorry to dig up an old thread. Just wondered what the lifespan of these plates is? Love the look of them but how long before they look scruffy and need replacing?

I've had my plates for over 2 years, they're still in good order. :thumbs up:

JG

Reactions: arobson90
Had mine nearly 4 years now. Fine still

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: arobson90