Pressed Euro Metal number plates

drewbee

Reaction score
Has anyone got these on their car? They now have UK font pressed plates avaliable and was wondering if anyone has a set and if they have caused any problems with the pigs!!

im looking to get a set to treat my car since im spending a fortune on replacing the head gasket - which i will post about later.

i think they will transform the look of the car for little money but im just worried about the pig!!

I've got UK font pressed ones from dubmeister, they're legal and have never had a problem with the cops, or pigs as you call them. I am a cop so can confirm the legality of them. The German font however isn't legal.

how much did they set you back mate

dubmeister sells em for 37 quid a pair delivered but if theres a few interested im sure we can get a group buy going loads of forums have em. Corsa C forum got 30 a pair delivered.

I'm from the B5 forum. I can confirm they have given me absolutely no probs with the rozzers. I got mine from the "plateman" on fleabay. Here's a pic....

FLUSHREAR.jpg

I'm from the B5 forum. I can confirm they have given me absolutely no probs with the rozzers. I got mine from the "plateman" on fleabay. Here's a pic....

I still think for the sake for a few quid more i'd get the legal ones from dubmeister with the BS code on it etc etc. Just so if the police even hint of having a go its got all the marks on it to prove legality.

seems good nutkin but 37 is a weeee bit on the hight side

seems good nutkin but 37 is a weeee bit on the hight side

the fine for illegal number plates is 60 quid.

im happy knowing mine are 100% legal and wont give me any problems. Even if others have the right font and spacingm, if the BS standard isnt printed on it and the original plate manufacture then its illegal.

are u sure Matttrs? cause I had UK Font but pressed plates on my mk1 golf and caused a couple of problems (never got pulled over, but when stationary was always told they're not legal by the cops)...

Although UK font, they were on metal plates and pressed so apparently they don't reflect the same etc and thats wot causes the problem...

Most officers only give a verbal warning anyway, I've never heard of anyone having had a producer for it, and even if you do, just carry the original ones with you, get ur local MOT garage to stamp the producer and bobs ur uncle...

are u sure Matttrs? cause I had UK Font but pressed plates on my mk1 golf and caused a couple of problems (never got pulled over, but when stationary was always told they're not legal by the cops)...

Although UK font, they were on metal plates and pressed so apparently they don't reflect the same etc and thats wot causes the problem...

Most officers only give a verbal warning anyway, I've never heard of anyone having had a producer for it, and even if you do, just carry the original ones with you, get ur local MOT garage to stamp the producer and bobs ur uncle...

Dubmeister ones are 100% legal. they use pressed metal with refelctive coating that passes all DVLA tests, they have there name and postcode on and the BS markings.

Most of the eBay ones are illegal due to no BS markings or makers mark.

Worth spending bit more on legal ones. especially if i was to get some, as i have a personal plate and they can take that off me too.

Always wanted a set of them, just never got round to sorting it out and sending documents off etc.

Also not all the cops realise they are legal, if you got a ticket you can argue it and it gets reversed.

the cops, or pigs as you call them. I am a cop so can confirm the legality of them.
Then he removes his foot out of his mouth , personally the pigs comment isnt nice i actually my self call police the rozzers which i suppose isnt right but i have said it face to face with a local copper and he just grinned , i dont suppose the pigs comment would have produced a grin .

Back on topic the pressed plates are something i also would like to do just havent got round to it yet :sm4:

Last edited:
Have been running with German style plates on for well over a year now and have had no issues. Have even had to take it to Police/VoSA checks (hid it in a comer of the carpark). Took it to Ascot last year and had to park in the in the same carpark as the Police. You should have seen the evil looks it got from the armed and bike cops!! Decided not to take it there the next day. On a more serious note, I've been looking for the pressed plates in the legal font for a while now, as I know I'll get pulled sooner or later.

Then he removes his foot out of his mouth , personally the pigs comment isnt nice i actually my self call police the rozzers which i suppose isnt right but i have said it face to face with a local copper and he just grinned , i dont suppose the pigs comment would have produced a grin .

Back on topic the pressed plates are something i also would like to do just havent got round to it yet :sm4:

I once lectured a policeman who got angree at me for calling the 5-0 while he was checking my car for faults :cool:, he said it was derogatory i told him it was based from the tv show Hawaii 5-0 and refered to the unit of undercover police of which he was one of.

Not hawaiian but he didnt seem pleased when he realised there was no insult there at all and was the equivilent of me calling my mate Homer cause he looks like homer simpson.

Those plates Im have are 101% legal. The car has just passed it's MOT in a garage I have never been to before (so it's not a "nudge nudge wink wink" job). I got pulled by the cops last month for having a brake light out (blew on that journey), and they didn't even bat an eyelid. Those were the extremely "anal" Windsor constabulary too! People get too hung up and paranoid about it. No need to spend 60 bucks! The two I have cost me 33 the pair! AND I HAVE NEVER HAD AN ISSUE.

Those plates Im have are 101% legal. The car has just passed it's MOT in a garage I have never been to before (so it's not a "nudge nudge wink wink" job). I got pulled by the cops last month for having a brake light out (blew on that journey), and they didn't even bat an eyelid. Those were the extremely "anal" Windsor constabulary too! People get too hung up and paranoid about it. No need to spend 60 bucks! The two I have cost me 33 the pair! AND I HAVE NEVER HAD AN ISSUE.

They are not Legal, They do not show the BS standard or the manufactures name and postcode.

Im not saying anything will happen to you as police don;t care and MOT is nto a proof of legality, its just a proof that the mot man can read the number plate.

Who said anything about 60 ? the legal dubmeister plates are 37 or if we do group buy 30. They are 30 if you go pick em up from a shop!

3 quid less than yours and they conform to all laws.

Anyone know dubmeister then? get a group buy going?

I'm down with that, count me in for £30 nicker, especially if we have good word their legit, last thing i wanna do after spending this much money on my new car is fines!

mine were from dubmeister and were £30 on a gb through ukmkivs, they're reflective and have all the necessary markings. I had to email them a photo of my v5 if I remember rightly.
I'm sure they'd do a gb on here as they were very accomodating last summer.
Phoenix I dont think youd get a problem with those as they look fine, I dont know of a cop who would check for postcodes and kitemarks, but then i'm not traffic.
heres a pic of the dubmeister one.
IMAG0349.jpg

I was stopped by traffic about my wheels on my golf, (which were just legal!) and he had a good look around the car and said he like the plates too.