1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Press and Hold open windows no longer working

firebits Jan 10, 2019

1. firebits

firebits A4 Avant Sport 1.4 TFSI

As per title, Press and Hold open or close windows is no longer working. I use this quite often but now it has stopped. All windows open individually. Any ideas on what’s wrong?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. JRF

JRF Member

On each window wind down and hold for a few seconds do the same when closing should sort the problem

firebits, X3man and Daggerit like this.
  4. Daggerit

Daggerit Well-Known Member

You’ll probably find one of your windows is no longer working for the one touch open/close. Try them all and when you find out which one it is, roll it down all the way while keeping the button pushed down and continue to hold the button down for five seconds once it’s fully down. Then roll it up while holding the button up the whole time and continue to hold for five seconds once rolled fully up. That should reset that window and then it should all work again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

firebits and X3man like this.
  5. X3man

X3man Well known member

Somewhat similar, when I hold down lock or unlock button on remote the windows don’t close/open. Will try the above just in case it works

Daggerit likes this.
  6. DaveW

DaveW Well-Known Member

Silly question, but is "convenience open" enabled in the MMI?

7. firebits

firebits A4 Avant Sport 1.4 TFSI

Did this today and it did the trick, cheers!

Daggerit likes this.
  8. X3man

X3man Well known member

Yes it is, but not a silly question

firebits, DaveW and Daggerit like this.
  9. monkeyhanger

monkeyhanger Active Member

I'm having a slightly different issue with my rear passenger door window.

Convenience closing works on all windows but at the top of the travel, the rear passenger one bounces back down, presumably anti-squeeze kicking in.

I've reset multiple times and it's still the same.

The only way yo get it to fully close is to do convenience until it gets right up, let go and press the button again until the window closes and then close again until you hear a click. The window is fully versed, there's no wind noise and yet I get efficiency prompts in the MFD to close all windows with the aircon on.

Sounds to me like the regulator motor/sensor doesn't think the window is fully closed, yet overloads when it gets near to where it thinks it should be.

Any ideas? Under warranty, just wonderingnif there's a special reset to do before taking it in. No errors logged on OBDEleven.