1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Presense issues - scary!

Wippers Jan 14, 2019

1. Wippers

Wippers Active Member

I have a 1 month old A7 and twice now the presense has kicked in at 30mph with no cars around me. Scared the **** out of me. It’s left me a very nervous driver just waiting for it to happen again. Got it booked in the the local main dealer next week.
    Anyone else had any issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Akash

Akash New Member

From memory the level of sensitivity can be set via the settings menu - maybe its set too high?
    Might be wrong but never had the issue

4. Wippers

Wippers Active Member

I've got the sensitivity set to low so can't do much else about it I don't think. Hopefully Audi can find a fault to rectify.

5. terminator x

terminator x Well-Known Member

Just goes to show how frustrating it will be when the AI takes over! My front pre sense has never kicked in but the rear when reversing just slams on the anchors, real jolt to the neck!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

6. Simonwhite2000

Simonwhite2000 2017 S5 Coupe Daytona Grey

Its never done it in my S5 but my Golf R did it a few times - it is very scary. Hopefully they can do something with it.

Wippers likes this.
  7. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

Occassionally mine kicks in, but not for cars either, pedestrians, fences and hedges. You might find it kicks in the ping but doesn't actually do anything...

8. gtiller

gtiller Active Member TeamMisano Audi S3 A7 Owner Group

Yep, mine does it, same place, same road every week.
    No cars or people nearby.
    Road is slightly curved to the right, and there is a lamp post on the left opposite the apex of the curve - that’s the only thing I can narrow it down to.

9. Wippers

Wippers Active Member

Does it kick in the ABS or just flash up on the dash?

10. gtiller

gtiller Active Member TeamMisano Audi S3 A7 Owner Group

@Wippers - it flashes and beeps on the Dash, and vibrates through the accelerator pedal.

11. Wippers

Wippers Active Member

At least the brakes don’t kick like mine do.
    Taken it to Audi yesterday who have adjusted something in the software (although not sure what). Let’s see what happens.