Pre sense restricted

Raul_sbd

Reaction score
Hey chaps,

Started up my car early on and I got the message on my VC Audi Pre sense restricted. Sensor view restricted due to surroundings..

Messaged stayed until I stoped and restarted the car.

No debris to be seen in the sensor but I thing had some sun facing the front of the car..

I know this could be a one off but does anyone had something similar? I read that could be a fault with the sensor and could need recalibrating something quite expensive by the looks of it..

Car still in warranty.

Thanks

Attachments

• E6062A55-3A29-4494-BB98-185277C9B897.jpeg
    E6062A55-3A29-4494-BB98-185277C9B897.jpeg
    222.8 KB · Views: 736
Hey chaps,

Started up my car early on and I got the message on my VC Audi Pre sense restricted. Sensor view restricted due to surroundings..

Messaged stayed until I stoped and restarted the car.

No debris to be seen in the sensor but I thing had some sun facing the front of the car..

I know this could be a one off but does anyone had something similar? I read that could be a fault with the sensor and could need recalibrating something quite expensive by the looks of it..

Car still in warranty.

Thanks

I get this on and off but it just resets itself after 5 or so mins. Not a clue why or what makes this happen but it just does?

Again message pop up this morning but then after 5 min driving disappear.. any ideas?

Sometimes get it, not often, 99% of the time it is dist, debris, leaves stuck on the car, snow, mud..... you get the picture! Anything blocking the sensor. Sorts itself out after a while. Get a car wash and see if it disappears.

Reactions: Raul_sbd
Sometimes get it, not often, 99% of the time it is dist, debris, leaves stuck on the car, snow, mud..... you get the picture! Anything blocking the sensor. Sorts itself out after a while. Get a car wash and see if it disappears.
Mmm pretty clean my car unless something stuck between the sensor and front grill.. difficult to access to it anyway. Only can keep clean the flat front part of the sensor on the grill..

I will keep monitoring, and if keeps coming up for no apparent reason I will get Audi to look at it.. although difficult as the alert only goes for 5 min and then disappear.. annoying nonetheless..

I've had it on the A5, few times when it's been frosty and once when I was driving directly towards a low sitting sun.

Reactions: pburv
I've had it on the A5, few times when it's been frosty and once when I was driving directly towards a low sitting sun.
Have you ever had it activated in an emergency? Just wondering what it would be like as it's fitted on mine.

Have you ever had it activated in an emergency? Just wondering what it would be like as it's fitted on mine.
Not in an emergency, but yes and it scared the hell out of me! I was driving up the road in the dark, a woman was standing near her car door on my side of the road, she saw me coming and leaned over her door/roof, as I got closer she realised that she had plenty of room so leaned away from her car. It felt like an anchor had been thrown out of the boot and I heard a horrible grinding noise!!! I thought s**t I've hit a trailer or something with the side of my car, looked in the passenger side mirrors and saw nothing! Then realised it was the stupid car slamming on thinking that she was going to step out in front of me :wtf:

Had it ping at me a few times to warn me though, mainly cyclists when going around sharp bends, another time a bin wagon was parked on the right hand side of the road facing me and the driver was walking across the front of his wagon back to his drivers door and it went off then.

You can set it to how quick it react, thing I have it set to medium.

PS: The other thing (think it's connected) when I first got the car I was parking nose first into a space, if anything is in front it automatically throws the parking sensors on and alerts you. I'm sure on other cars I've had, I've had to put it in reverse before it's activated the front sensors?!?!?

I have when a pedestrian stepped out in front of the bus he had just got off. Worked well, way quicker than me, very abrupt,seatbelt hunkered me in & slammed on the brakes, i was only going 20/25kmph but thankfull it did.

Reactions: S32B and pburv
Not in an emergency, but yes and it scared the hell out of me! I was driving up the road in the dark, a woman was standing near her car door on my side of the road, she saw me coming and leaned over her door/roof, as I got closer she realised that she had plenty of room so leaned away from her car. It felt like an anchor had been thrown out of the boot and I heard a horrible grinding noise!!! I thought s**t I've hit a trailer or something with the side of my car, looked in the passenger side mirrors and saw nothing! Then realised it was the stupid car slamming on thinking that she was going to step out in front of me :wtf:

Had it ping at me a few times to warn me though, mainly cyclists when going around sharp bends, another time a bin wagon was parked on the right hand side of the road facing me and the driver was walking across the front of his wagon back to his drivers door and it went off then.

You can set it to how quick it react, thing I have it set to medium.

PS: The other thing (think it's connected) when I first got the car I was parking nose first into a space, if anything is in front it automatically throws the parking sensors on and alerts you. I'm sure on other cars I've had, I've had to put it in reverse before it's activated the front sensors?!?!?
Blimey!. Bet that made your butt cheeks pucker up lol.
In the wife's Q3 you have to press the front sensor button on the dash to activate the fronts and automatically when putting into reverse. On my new car front sensors are active all the time.When put into reverse the 360 deg camera is activated or if you press the park/ camera button on the dash and you are no higher than 1st gear you can activate the camera. In slow moving traffic or in a queue there is a small image of my car with a '!' symbol above it showing gap distance to car in front . Don't want to test it just in case. lol

Reactions: S32B
I have when a pedestrian stepped out in front of the bus he had just got off. Worked well, way quicker than me, very abrupt,seatbelt hunkered me in & slammed on the brakes, i was only going 20/25kmph but thankfull it did.
Nice to know it's there though. :yes: Let's hope I don't have to experience it.

Reactions: Raul_sbd and Ormesome
Couple of times went off on mine, when on a very stretch road some plastic bag passed in front of the car.. very abrupt stop and breaks sound so loud..

it works..

Couple of times went off on mine, when on a very stretch road some plastic bag passed in front of the car.. very abrupt stop and breaks sound so loud..

it works..
:scared2: Yikes!

That's the problem, it works quicker than you can! so you avoid hitting the pedestrian but the car behind runs up the back of you (Unless they have it) so it could be a better option to hit the pedestrian as it would cause less damage to your car??? :p ;)

it works..
lol that would give the insurance claim guy a chuckle if someone ran up the back of you! Rather than the old "A dog ran out in front of me" it would be "A plastic bag got blown in front of me" :D:D:D

Blimey!. Bet that made your butt cheeks pucker up lol.
In the wife's Q3 you have to press the front sensor button on the dash to activate the fronts and automatically when putting into reverse. On my new car front sensors are active all the time.When put into reverse the 360 deg camera is activated or if you press the park/ camera button on the dash and you are no higher than 1st gear you can activate the camera. In slow moving traffic or in a queue there is a small image of my car with a '!' symbol above it showing gap distance to car in front . Don't want to test it just in case. lol

Oh yeah heart in the mouth moment. As for trying things out for the hell of it!!!

Reminds me of this

That's the problem, it works quicker than you can! so you avoid hitting the pedestrian but the car behind runs up the back of you (Unless they have it) so it could be a better option to hit the pedestrian as it would cause less damage to your car??? :p ;)

lol that would give the insurance claim guy a chuckle if someone ran up the back of you! Rather than the old "A dog ran out in front of me" it would be "A plastic bag got blown in front of me" :D:D:D

Oh yeah heart in the mouth moment. As for trying things out for the hell of it!!!

Reminds me of this

OMG! Poor barsteward. Bet he didn't make a sale after that :ambulance::ambulance::ambulance:

Reactions: S32B
The activation I got once which scared the heck out of me was reversing. I’d seen the Telecomms cabinet on the kerb so reversing fairly slowly to park up.

Obviously the box was too close for the pre sense liking...slammed the brakes and then the noise of glass...

Got out the car to inspect what I’d hit etc...nothing? Delighted but puzzled as the noise made me think I’d wiped the rear quarter of the car. It was the glass bottles of J20 in the boot from supermarket shop and thankfully they didn’t break