Pre/ Post Facelift

S3PEG

Reaction score
Hi all,

Wondering if the accident repair centre have fitted the wrong wing... according to ETKA, the front (left) wing on a pre-facelift S3 is 8L9 821 105. The post-facelift part number has an 'A' on the end. How significant is the A? Does anyone know whether or not there is a difference between the two?

My pre-facelift now has one wheen that sticks out further on one side than on the other - it looks sh*t. :tapedshut:

Cheers!

Take it back and kick off, if its sticking out further on one side then its simply not right, either different part used or correct part incorrectly fitted, either way it's not right and they should sort if for you. Simples.

Keep us posted.

Im pretty sure the A stands for approved. Cant be the wrong wing as the side repeater is a different shape from square to oblong

It has been back and they are claiming that it is all okay. In fairness, it does line up with all other panels!! I'm worried that something has been bent in my accident and not replaced... most of the front suspension (on both sides) is new. Apart from the subframe, I don't know what else it can be?! I'll try and post some pics soon.

I have a pre -facelift year 2000 with oblong side repeaters , I think they changed them by year, not model

yup the letter at the end normally signifies an upgraded part and as said above...the difference between pre and post is only the indicator shape (small repeater), the arches are the same size

Side Indicator on the S3 didnt change, the change occured on the A3, S3's have the same style side repeater no matter if it is pre or post facelift. The difference between S3 wings post and pre face lift is internal due to the single unit headlamps. If your wheel is sticking further out on one side I would say that is down to chassie/sub frame damage

Side Indicator on the S3 didnt change, the change occured on the A3, S3's have the same style side repeater no matter if it is pre or post facelift. The difference between S3 wings post and pre face lift is internal due to the single unit headlamps. If your wheel is sticking further out on one side I would say that is down to chassie/sub frame damage
or the subframe is not centralised correctly...

the wings are different on the facelift (single headlight) & the early s3 (2 piece headlight), so are the side repeaters, early one 4B0 part number, later one 8N0. The wing arch liners stay the same though.

Nope chopper is right, pre facelift side repeaters are the same as post, you don't get the square repeaters on any S3