Pre facelift vs facelift s3

Pazzer

Reaction score
Guys,

Have people ever gone from the pre facelift to the facelift? If so, do you notice any differences in driving the car apart from looks?

I've got a pre facelift but I do prefer the looks of the newer one. Is it worth the upgrade?

Dan

The only reason I would upgrade from my pre facelift would be to get an S3 with DSG.

Reactions: HHS3, kash_v and Pazzer
Had both, 2007 S3 then RR Sport then a facelift S3 and being total honest the 2007 felt a stronger car.
Im sure I remember someone saying the pre-facelift have a better haldex system, but not 100% on that.

Just bought another pre-facelift S3 going from Edition 30 and it feels 100x nicer to drive.

Not that I would as I love my manual S3 but as Rob C has said, the only mechanical difference you could tell between the two if chosen is DSG but that's it.

Here's the differences all of which can be retrofitted, some easier/cheaper than others of course:

• Head Lights
  • Front Bumper
  • Grill Size
  • Fog Surrounds
  • Tail Lights
  • Alloys
  • More Internal Aluminium Trim
  • Improved Emissions
  • Gen 4 Haldex
  • DSG (Optional)

Had both, 2007 S3 then RR Sport then a facelift S3 and being total honest the 2007 felt a stronger car.
Im sure I remember someone saying the pre-facelift have a better haldex system, but not 100% on that.

Just bought another pre-facelift S3 going from Edition 30 and it feels 100x nicer to drive.
It's interesting to hear you think the pre facelift feels stronger. I've fitted facelift lights to the rear and today had facelift alloys fitted, just to freshen up the look of the car.

Could just be me haha.

I'm sure if you look around the Pre-face lifts seem to,get better figures than the facelift models but I loved the look of my facelift but prefer the drive of the Pre.

Nice that's what I usually do, facelift rear lights as it does make the car look a lot newer and fresh.

Good luck with it anyway hope you enjoy :)

Could just be me haha.

I'm sure if you look around the Pre-face lifts seem to,get better figures than the facelift models but I loved the look of my facelift but prefer the drive of the Pre.

Nice that's what I usually do, facelift rear lights as it does make the car look a lot newer and fresh.

Good luck with it anyway hope you enjoy :)
I certainly do enjoy the car. Loving the new wheels, I think they look miles better than the old ones. Hit a massive pothole last night so I'm hoping it's not damaged them!