Pre facelift/facelift interior pics

RobD88

Reaction score
Was just wondering if anyone had any decent photos showing the differences between pre and post facelift interiors. Had a search around the site and I keep reading that they're different but I haven't been able to find any pics showing what's different.
I'm looking for an S3 at the moment and have been and looked at a couple of facelift ones and I'm just curious to see how different they are inside because I'm not too fussed about having the old style headlights etc but I really liked the interior on the two that I've seen so far and wouldn't want it to be too different.

Cheers,

Rob

Personally I thing the Pre facelift interior is better, but it's a personal thing, Id always say by the best conditon S3 you can regarless of pre or post facelift.

Yeah that's definitely what I'll try to do, the two facelift ones I have been to see weren't the best condition to be fair but from what I can see in pictures the pre-facelifts don't look massively different inside. Gonna go and check a pre-facelift out this weekend that's supposed to be mint with low miles and FSH so I'll see how that is compared to the other two.
Getting a bit impatient now cos I've been looking for a while!

My facelift interior

DSC_0204.jpg

Nikonpictures060.jpg

Nikonpictures050.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers Hoggy, is that gearknob from the 8P S3? That looks the nuts

There isnt a hugh amount of difference's, as you can see with Hoggy's the steering wheel has a different design to the centre and the new S3 badge, the centre console has the most changes, smaller buttons at the top and a cup holder and can be fitted with double din, also the climate control panel has been redesigned with 1 screen. The gear knob is different too although Hoggy has fitted the 8p one. The 2 other changes are the air vent flow control is illuminated (I think) and the S3 badge on the clocks is the newer style and on the rev counter, pre facelift is old badge on the speedo

Worth noting that Hoggy's S3 has the double DIN stereo - which was an option. More likely to find the single DIN in which case the Climate controls are higher up (although they still look the same), and there is the storage tray with the flip-up piano black front cover underneath them.

Cheers guys, sounds like there isn't too much of a difference then, I'm gonna go and have a look at a pre-facelift one tomorrow so I'll see how it is

Cheers Danny, that's exactly what I've been trying to find. Haven't been able to find any decent photos like that where you can see everything. Nice one

@S3 Hoggy - Your buttons are in surprisingly good condition. Wish mine were in that shape.

Too right Ian I think the pre facelift does feel quite dated and a bit cheaper, just my opinion though

I've had pre and face lift interior and to be honest the facelift looks nicer and more classier but the preface lift is definitely harder wearing, saying this though I'd always go with the face lift interior...no doubt

I'm on the hunt for a new climatic as the temp button's are looking a bit worn, finding a post face lift one in mint condition is near impossible. Dib's on Hoggy's if he ever wrights it off. ;)

I'm on the hunt for a new climatic as the temp button's are looking a bit worn, finding a post face lift one in mint condition is near impossible. Dib's on Hoggy's if he ever wrights it off. ;)

Hahaha ok you got first dibs Damo!