Prawn and BigAls A3 Track Car

our trackday bet
i have 2
you have 1 booked
keep that £20 safe for me lol

Surprised you're getting these brackets powder coated and not anodised Nick. Surely you know someone that can get them done?

Surprised you're getting these brackets powder coated and not anodised Nick. Surely you know someone that can get them done?

All the fixings to the car are steel mate, so they need coating in something half decent.

the brackets from Robin are lovely, but they're not a perfect flawless finish as if they were CNC'd. Annodising tends to show up all tiny marks and things in the surface still.

Plus Powdercoating is free :laugh:

OK, so I got bored earlier.

Here is another of my plans to be put into action at some point this summer.

Spot the difference:

vs

Reactions: VAG-Slag, Lavis89, s3 Hoggy and 1 other person
smiley-face-thumbs-up-Smiley-face-with-thumbs-up.jpg

Is this gonna be an MDF special or a universal plastic one off ebay? Lol

Last edited:
MDF or Plastic. Neither. Travis Perkins have some offcuts of ply going cheap. Sorted. !!! :keule: :thrashi:

Reactions: craigt1985, antwan64og and Prawn
i was told the oem wasnt that bad as its aluminium
prawn??

Skirts look awesome dude!
I love you ingenuity haha.
Once the flat floor and diffuser have been done its gonna look unreal!
One of the only other big changes things I could think of to do externally is wide arches

Reactions: Prawn
Hello mate, what's your opinion with a knocking from front end after lowering an a3. Can it be the drive shafts knocking on the anti roll bar or something else? Any ideas would be welcome. 2000 a3

Hello mate, what's your opinion with a knocking from front end after lowering an a3. Can it be the drive shafts knocking on the anti roll bar or something else? Any ideas would be welcome. 2000 a3

[grumpy]
Search bar!

This is an epic build tread, not a frequently asked questions thread

[/grumpy]

Reactions: kanecullen89, basil brush and Lavis89
That is NOT polite in anyway. The guy asked proper question and maybe does,nt know his way round the posts. Don't be offensive. It is not your thread, kindly remove your remark.

Reactions: StaceyS3, Mrharris2, superkarl and 5 others
I go away for one weekend and look what happens :laugh:

Brackets dropped off with Andy.

Not much more to add at the moment :)

Reactions: Mrharris2
I understand there may be a specific way upon asking - posting questions, but seeing as the people who started this thread, have an impressive knowledge of the model vehicle in question, I deemed it more logical to go straight to the horses mouth than the trough.

Apologies if its not in the correct manor of posting... =]

Reactions: bigal 1
No worries Shuk :)

I've just got back from a weekend away, so I'll read your question properly in the morning and see if I can answer it!

Night people. I need sleep!

Shuk, it is not a problem to us. If we can help anyone with problems they have, we will. We all have to start somewhere and we are a couple of rungs up on a twenty foot ladder, so a long way to go yet, but we are trying.

Take no notice of Jardo, he is obviously having a day off. Probably woman problems.

My Father said to me, "if you right a letter in anger, don't post it until the next day when you can read it again and make a second considered opinion." Jardo, take note.

Reactions: Rainbird, Jenno007 and A3-Lee
Car looks lost now without the BGW!

Hopefully won't be too long now!

Reactions: craigt1985, daz-20vt and Golfyste
i love that front end!
i say it a lot but i really do!!!

I need to make my a3 look menacing at the moment it just looks fat and round aha! I love the plans for the diffuser

Woooooohoooooooooooooooooooooo!

Brackets are done!

Big thanks to AP for getting these sorted :)

Can't wait to bolt it all up for the final time!

Reactions: daz-20vt, StaceyS3, Nick_sheep and 2 others
Look forward to seeing this next Monday at Curbrough, What size are the turnbuckle adjuster nuts on the wing ?. How far off vertical will it go ? . Need to slow you down a little maybe using it as an air brake will give other people a chance :) .

Karl.

Just put a stop under his accelerator pedal maybe giving up to 1500 rpm. That will slow him.

Look forward to seeing this next Monday at Curbrough, What size are the turnbuckle adjuster nuts on the wing ?. How far off vertical will it go ? . Need to slow you down a little maybe using it as an air brake will give other people a chance :) .

Karl.

10mm spanner karl, and it'll go pretty steep in air brake mode :laugh:

Thankfully (or not) for me, speeds at Curby aren't really high enough that it'll make any difference!

Really looking forward to Curby now :)

Can't believe the first outing of the year will be this late! Slow year for sure.

Didn't get time to get the wing on last night, life seems to get in the way :laugh:

I did get all the brackets out to check them over though, and I'm really happy with the finish.

I expected a fairly thick almost textured finish based on powdercoating I've had done on bike frames in the past, but this seems really nice. it's a very decent gloss finish, and it's covered up all the tiny sanding imperfections nicely. They even did the heads of the coach bolts on the top brackets for me :)

Hopefully fitting it all this evening.

I also dropped off a set of A048's to my good friend Bruce to mount up on the SuperT's, just to take to Curby incase these khumos don't perform as well as I expect them to :)

Reactions: <tuffty/>
looking good
but no one wants to see them off the car so hurry up and get them fitted :)

i cannot wait for curby now

hoping i can break 28's but not confident

guess you are hoping for a win and a PB!! lol

tough at the top eh!!